another ball joint thread

apl

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I need to replace my driver side lower ball joint. I have searched on the site but cant seem to find an answer, maybe I am just not that smart, oh well. I was looking for a step by step, nothing in tech articles. I guess my biggest question is do I need to remove the wheel hub. are there any tricks to doing this or tips that anyone knows? I have the ball joint and the autozone rental ball joint press Thanks alot.
Tony L.

I need to replace my driver side lower ball joint. I have searched on the site but cant seem to find an answer, maybe I am just not that smart, oh well. I was looking for a step by step, nothing in tech articles. I guess my biggest question is do I need to remove the wheel hub. are there any tricks to doing this or tips that anyone knows? I have the ball joint and the autozone rental ball joint press Thanks alot.
Tony L.

Front or rear?????

Front or rear?????

there are rear ball joints for this car?

Please link me to a few as I think this is probably where my squeaking is coming from!

As far as tips go, use a ball joint press from autozone.

If there is none available or just too lazy to get one, use the redneck method. Smack dat :q:q with a hammer till it comes out. Probably not the best way but it works.

there are rear ball joints for this car?

Please link me to a few as I think this is probably where my squeaking is coming from!

As far as tips go, use a ball joint press from autozone.

If there is none available or just too lazy to get one, use the redneck method. Smack dat :q:q with a hammer till it comes out. Probably not the best way but it works.

I need to read slower.....

There is an upper ball joint in the UCA......

Looking at the exploded view I don't see why you would..... Be VERY careful pressing in the new ball joint. You don't want to go in the slightest bit crocked or the LCA will crack..... Then you'll be buying a new LCA!!

Just go SLOWLY and CAREFULLY!!!!

Thread jack - is replacing the rear lower ball joints basically the same as replacing the front lower ball joints?

I just had the fronts replaced at a dealer. They said they had to remove the knuckle and had a hell of a time getting the old ball joints out and then pressed in the new Moog ones.

Members online

No members online now.
Back