What did you do to your LS today?

First post, Joined and read all the great info on here before I made my mind up on the right one. 2002 LSE , V8. 145000 miles, one owner. All service records from day one, done at dealer.
What I have done is so far is polish headlight, Pioneer DVD, removed factory subs and added one I had, straped down , keep sliding. Complete tune up , Coils, Plugs , So on.
3D2FCF36-BB0D-42E3-8A9A-AC14FF5FCE34_zpszqzgv6wu.png

4220BE99-99A4-4CC9-A0EF-4E274461F2AD_zpsxtp3257k.jpg

B7CEB6B5-AABF-4EE6-8F3C-AFE3643E82F9_zpshbbom8qf.jpg

60B7478A-CC87-4B2B-8F72-2EEE11070568_zpsifkob1d3.jpg

BBCDD817-54C5-4BAE-A575-2CE5DB1A5C05_zpseifvorq5.jpg

looks good...Welcome!

View attachment 828469499

Went to the junk yard and found strut tower covers from a gen1. Passenger side fits perfectly but driver side will need some work as its a different design. No gen 2 to be found. I can take it back in 30 days. Also saw a gen 1 with rear decks and amp with the frame. I will go back and get that to put subs in there.

View attachment 828469500View attachment 828469501

View attachment 828469499

Went to the junk yard and found strut tower covers from a gen1. Passenger side fits perfectly but driver side will need some work as its a different design. No gen 2 to be found. I can take it back in 30 days. Also saw a gen 1 with rear decks and amp with the frame. I will go back and get that to put subs in there.

View attachment 828469500View attachment 828469501

Get the bracket from the Gen1 driver's side cover. You can bolt the bracket under or over the bracket that's already there. That's what I did and the cover fits just like a Gen1.

Get the bracket from the Gen1 driver's side cover. You can bolt the bracket under or over the bracket that's already there. That's what I did and the cover fits just like a Gen1.
Thanks! I will do that.

Did an oil change today and finally changed the serpentine belt. Not that easy, but done.

when i got a set of 1st gen covers for my car, I had to make a small bracket to give me a mounting spot for a snap pin to be pushed in.

First post, Joined and read all the great info on here before I made my mind up on the right one. 2002 LSE , V8. 145000 miles, one owner. All service records from day one, done at dealer.
What I have done is so far is polish headlight, Pioneer DVD, removed factory subs and added one I had, straped down , keep sliding. Complete tune up , Coils, Plugs , So on.
3D2FCF36-BB0D-42E3-8A9A-AC14FF5FCE34_zpszqzgv6wu.png

4220BE99-99A4-4CC9-A0EF-4E274461F2AD_zpsxtp3257k.jpg

B7CEB6B5-AABF-4EE6-8F3C-AFE3643E82F9_zpshbbom8qf.jpg

60B7478A-CC87-4B2B-8F72-2EEE11070568_zpsifkob1d3.jpg

BBCDD817-54C5-4BAE-A575-2CE5DB1A5C05_zpseifvorq5.jpg

LS stereo trim.jpg

can someone tell where I can buy this wood trim?

Thanks

LS stereo trim.jpg

It's the regular (black plastic) trim with a wood look decal applied to it. What you are looking for is a decal kit.

It's the regular (black plastic) trim with a wood look decal applied to it. What you are looking for is a decal kit.

20140902_144615.jpg

Picture above is my current set up. I got the complete wood decal, when I replaced my stereo, I had to buy the black plastic trim. I been looking so hard online on where to buy that wood decal. Hopefully someone here can point me where I can buy that small piece. Thanks.

20140902_144615.jpg

View attachment 828469515

Picture above is my current set up. I got the complete wood decal, when I replaced my stereo, I had to buy the black plastic trim. I been looking so hard online on where to buy that wood decal. Hopefully someone here can point me where I can buy that small piece. Thanks.

You will need to purchase the whole kit.... Unless someone has extra pieces they want to part with.....

I removed the one from the original radio, cut it as close as I could off the sides. I removed the double sided tape from the back and put some thin 3m tape back on.

Did a coil and plug change on the passenger bank. '06 V8 tomorrow the complicated side. tomorrow Ill clear my moonroof drain tubes and door panels , since its rained hard here and I have those nagging interior leaks. getting my car ready for my weekly drives to baton Rouge and working the LSU games....nice 80 mi ride over I-10 and through the swamps....wish "they'd" get those coil prices down to around $50

Replaced the steering rack and the outer tie rods. I got the remanufactured rack from Detroit Axle and it came with new inner tie rods. Had to swap the steering sensor and one of the hose adapters fittings from the old rack. Didn't know anything about teflon hose seals, but had to go to the dealer for them. After doing the fluid flush, it took a while to purge the power steering system of air. After an alignment the cars steering is very responsive.

I was at the dealership ($86 ea, but Ill check Tasco) today picking up 2 coils and when I closed my door, thunk! my drivers door window dropped down. I pulled it into the quicklane and we determined it was not the motor just the regulator. $141 for the part and $150 for the labor. Ive never had one drop in the '06, but when I had 2000 and 2003 they did often as coils now... $500 day

Are those regulators as easy to change as the coils once you get it down?

Did a coil and plug change on the passenger bank. '06 V8 tomorrow the complicated side.

why do you say complicated? its exactly the same for both sides (well with the V8...) both sides are super easy with the exception of a hard to reach back bolt on each side

tomorrow Ill clear my sunroof drain tubes and door panels , since its rained hard here and I have those nagging interior leaks.
there is a very good chance that your problem is not clogged drain tubes, it is far more common for the drain tubes to come completely disconnected from the moonroofs drip pan.

that being said, this summer the leaking water came back for a 4th time... boy was i surprised that the drain tubs were actually still connected when I pulled the headliner down. actually more relieved since the last time i went over kill to fix the problem, i was going to be real pissde if the tube came disconnected again. this time it actually was clogged lines, had to disconnect the tube and blast it out with compressed air (not from a can...)

well not really, its a little more complicated of a job. i can definitely do a full set of coils and plugs a little faster that how long it took me to do my last regulator.

the regulator wasn't nothing too difficult, door panels are nothing for me so i can pull one off or on in under five minutes but i did have to dick around with the glass and the inner door panel a bit, the inner door panel was my fault, as i has wrapped the entire inner door panel in dynamat, so that had to be cut away and took a little bit to find all the bolts. then after i got it all back together, I realized that I need to take it all back apart so that I could re-index the motor onto the regulator.

so now that i think about it, on a stock door and indexing the motor befor taking it all apart, it probably could be done in an hour or less..

Pulled a nice size nail out of the drivers rear tire today.

.......... I realized that I need to take it all back apart so that I could re-index the motor onto the regulator.

so now that i think about it, on a stock door and indexing the motor befor taking it all apart, it probably could be done in an hour or less..

If you have the window in the full up position you won't need to index the motor. At least I didn't. There is a YouTube video on how to do it on a Gen1 that mostly applies. At least the whole inner door panel comes out as a unit which makes it easy access the regulator. If you can wait Rock Auto was my least expensive option. Napa has it for ~$100....

Members online

Back