Lincoln ls V8 performance upgrades

RT96LS02

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm new to the site in regards to being registered but I've used the site for information and following disscusion on LS's and performance topics.

I have a stock Lincoln LS with a V8 Gen 1 and I have been looking in to various ways to improve the over acceleration, speed, and overall performance of my car. I have visited many sites dealing with aftermarket performance upgrades but I am still unsure as to what type of mid price range upgrades I can do to get the most out of my LS. I have looked into SCT tuners and exhaust systems along with intake systems I am just wondering if anyone can give me a few websites or some information as to what I should get it I'm looking for acceleration and horsepower or torque? Any and all help will be appreciated. I'm not new to cars but I'm not terribly advanced either.

Thanks

Exhaust, cold air intake even though it's not necessarily cold air, SCT tuner.

Search this site for a few hours and you'll find all the information you need as this has been covered mannnnyyyyyyy times.

If you have a gen II, most people go with:

K&N FIPK (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/k...6TKCi9SUhN5h-oiyuuXAL5TnJRSpltxQf2RoCnn7w_wcB)

Magnaflow cat-back system (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2005-L...:Lincoln|Model:LS&hash=item1c3713cdad&vxp=mtr)
Some delete the resonators and some don't. Some use Magnaflow mufflers. Some use Borla. Most use an X-pipe.

Magnaflow high-flow cats (http://www.ebay.com/itm/MagnaFlow-D...:Lincoln|Model:LS&hash=item20eba3ff02&vxp=mtr)

SCT Tuner (http://fastpartsnetwork.com/)
Contact Torrie at Fast Parts Network - he will provide 3 tunes when purchasing from his site.

if you really want better acceleration, horsepower and torque. SCT will help, but you really need a bottle...

if you really want better acceleration, horsepower and torque. SCT will help, but you really need a bottle...
I have to go to sleep right now but stay tuned and I will give you some info on how to have a very satisfying fast LS for not much money. Trust me! I just roasted a 3.0 A5 at 3 lights and he should have had me and I made an Infinity G50 give up and he was stroking me until we hit 130. I guess he didn't wanna go through the turns that hot. I stayed on it from 54th ave N til 38th ave N and wound up at 145 then hit the brakes. Thrilling! Goodnight!

What's the difference between deleting the resonator and having one? How do I tell what generation I have?
Thanks I will look into those area.
I appreciate the feedback.

1st gen 2000-2002 2nd 2003-2006
Quick way without the year, 1st has regular e brake, 2nd has an electric e brake

1st Gen has windshield washer sprayers on the hood.
Also, 2nd Gen has LED marker lights next to the low beam. It looks just like a reflector but its actually an LED panel. There are 2 bulbs in each side.

how loud and the tone of your exhaust, also about 15 lbs

00-02 1st
03-06 2nd

So which one is better for a deeper throat sound?
Also if I put a cold air intake will I need a different mass air flow sensor to accommodate the change?
Is it easy to do the exhaust system with out much in the way of lifts or ramps?

Exhaust, cold air intake even though it's not necessarily cold air, SCT tuner.

Search this site for a few hours and you'll find all the information you need as this has been covered mannnnyyyyyyy times.

If you have a gen II, most people go with:

K&N FIPK (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/k...6TKCi9SUhN5h-oiyuuXAL5TnJRSpltxQf2RoCnn7w_wcB)

Magnaflow cat-back system (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2005-L...:Lincoln|Model:LS&hash=item1c3713cdad&vxp=mtr)
Some delete the resonators and some don't. Some use Magnaflow mufflers. Some use Borla. Most use an X-pipe.

Magnaflow high-flow cats (http://www.ebay.com/itm/MagnaFlow-D...:Lincoln|Model:LS&hash=item20eba3ff02&vxp=mtr)

SCT Tuner (http://fastpartsnetwork.com/)
Contact Torrie at Fast Parts Network - he will provide 3 tunes when purchasing from his site.

I have a gen 1 so will all these upgrades still work with my generation?

Not to be a jerk, but you gotta actually spend some time searching.

The K&N FIPK doesn't require any mods to the MAF. Even with very little knowledge of cars, it's a pretty simple install. You may need to clean the MAF a bit more, but that's about it. I use CRC MAF cleaner and have never had a problem.

With or without resonators (as long as you have an x-pipe) the exhaust will be fairly "throaty." Without resonators it will be a bit louder. Without resonators and without x-pipe it will be a bit raspy.
You could do the exhaust with jackstands but will be a total PIA. I would suggest taking it to a shop. You could always pick up an X-pipe, a couple mufflers, and exhaust tips and have a shop bend pipe for you.

Bottle = NOS.

if it was a brand new car, the exhaust could easily be done on jack stands, but since its not new, there is a very good chance some/all of the parts are going to be rusted together. with a little persuasion, i was able to get a couple loose, but then there were parts that had to be cut, which then meant that there were parts that needed to be welded... a shop with a lift and that welds (pretty much every exhaust shop) is very useful!

1st Gen has windshield washer sprayers on the hood.
Also, 2nd Gen has LED marker lights next to the low beam. It looks just like a reflector but its actually an LED panel. There are 2 bulbs in each side.

Thanks for pointing this out!!! I never noticed until you...... Made me look!!!!!

Thanks for pointing this out!!! I never noticed until you...... Made me look!!!!!
Yw, but don't ask me how to get to them. It might be cool to change the color on those.

Not to be a jerk, but you gotta actually spend some time searching.

The K&N FIPK doesn't require any mods to the MAF. Even with very little knowledge of cars, it's a pretty simple install. You may need to clean the MAF a bit more, but that's about it. I use CRC MAF cleaner and have never had a problem.

With or without resonators (as long as you have an x-pipe) the exhaust will be fairly "throaty." Without resonators it will be a bit louder. Without resonators and without x-pipe it will be a bit raspy.
You could do the exhaust with jackstands but will be a total PIA. I would suggest taking it to a shop. You could always pick up an X-pipe, a couple mufflers, and exhaust tips and have a shop bend pipe for you.

Bottle = NOS.

I have done some research I just wanted to make sure before spending 300+ on parts that I had the right ones. Like I said I have done nothing to this car and I'm new to the aftermarket game.
So I appreciate the patience and the help you have deffinately given me a lot of information to work with.

I have a little more difficult question. Is there anyway to convert my automatic into a 6 speed manual. What are some transmissions that are compatible with mine. I have heard about the McLaren transmission but I need something a little more reasonable price wise.
Thanks

I have a little more difficult question. Is there anyway to convert my automatic into a 6 speed manual. What are some transmissions that are compatible with mine. I have heard about the McLaren transmission but I need something a little more reasonable price wise.
Thanks
Man, you are asking for trouble. What do you want to do with a MT6? Are you going to be dragging your LS? I thought about that with my 1st gen. I'd be easier if you started with a V6 manual but, with an auto there are a lot more things involved. I don't have the expertise to fully answer your question unfortunately. There may be some guys on here that could enlighten you on that deal.

Thanks

The only compatible trans is the factory Getrag. And then you will still need the mechanicals as well as a dealer willing to reprogram your PCM. You might want to change the gear set also. Then again anything can be accomplished with enough time and money.....

What do you mean by bottle?

What do you mean by bottle?
I'm working on all the lingo!
Hello,
I am sure writer is referring to adding Nitrous Oxide to engine. It is better known as NOS, Juice, or similar term and is system that uses pressurized bottle of Nitrous Oxide to force more oxygen into combustion chamber to add power. Comes in two forms known as "Wet" or "Dry" systems. The Wet system adds or mixes the NOS from a bottle (usually in trunk) of car to fuel line as it enters engine. On Lincoln LS it comes in kit that joins into the fuel rail ahead of all the fuel injectors and mixes with fuel that enters engine when system is turned on with electronic switch. The other type is a "Dry NOS System" that adds nos to cylinder separate from fuel or gasoline. This is very much simplified but it is maybe simplest way (if all goes well) to add power with SCT IV tuner to 3.9 Gen 1 or 2 LS. Couple brands are available in complete kit form from major speed supply stores. again this is very basic and simplified. Like all add on power boosters that do work it takes time and money but is generally economical and gives good results with no other engine mods needed till over 50 HP added.
Wes

First, let me suggest you look at 'Land Speed LS' in the HP section. There's a lot of info there in regard to the use of a nitrous oxide system.

Beyond that, the AJ engine in your LS is not in the mainstream, which means that it's not possible to 'hot rod' it by the use of a Summit or Jegs catalog. The majority of the parts needed will have to be custom made. DOING SO IS CERTAINLY POSSIBLE. But you need a significant degree of background in doing that sort of work, and you'll need deep pockets as well.

You should note that when Rocketsports were racing Jaguars in roadracing circles, they found it necessary to have beefed-up blocks cast. The engines they built were quite mild---making about 500 horsepower. But in races such as at LeMans, they ran for 24 hours at a time.

My own combination of nitrous oxide, C16 race gas and methanol, with a custom SCT tune, allowed me to set land speed records that, in some cases, still stand these several years later. And I'm still driving the car on a 'most days' basis.

'Plan your work---work your plan.'

KS

I'd almost be surprised if OP still had his LS considering all of his 7 posts are in this thread, with the latest being from over a year ago.

Old but since fastpartsnetwork website is down where can I buy the SCT from and the tunes for the ls

You are a few years too late

I don't think Torrie writing "tunes" anymore.

Members online

No members online now.
Back