so much for being a dream car lol

ReMiXeDg

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I purchased a 2002 lincoln ls v6 for $3300 body and the interior is mint.

I did new rotors , breaks , oil change , o2 sensor and prob a little more little things here and there,
paid upfront 6 months insurance at around $1400 ..

needed some more work like finding out why the coolant is randomly leaking and only sometimes not always it was most likely a plastic part or the canister ..

then i also needed to do the cats for a p0405 code and i need to get tires etc. wheel alignment well not really but still.

it came with a nice dvd player upfront and its black on black with lots of added chrome and a custom grill. anyways i also purchased a base box with a amp.

so yesterday night the alternator went and then as i got it towed to a spot they ended up breaking the oil pan how idk i wasn't there when they towed the car. but now I'm needed tons of work and i've put a lot of money into the car so bad..

how hard is it to fix the oil pan ? I'm getting all the work done for free hopefully because of the guy who towed it works with me and owns a shops we do repo and i usually call him to tow the cars we find and he gets a cut out of it so one and feeds the other in this situation hopefully...

i want you guys to give me feedback on what you would be doing right now if this happen to you. here are some pics do you think its worth it fixing it and keeping it or should i sell it as is and take a huge loss? i have to money to fix it but hopefully it gets fixed for free or at least a big discount ..

how hard is it to do the oil pan on a v6 i heard its real hard with the ls

ls.jpg

ls1.jpg

ls2.jpg

ls3.jpg

any time you can buy a $40k car for less than 10% of what it cost new, you can pretty much bet on it needing a small fortune dumped into it to get it back to good standards... if it didn't need so much work, they would have been able to sell it for much more.

you really need to go over everything really well and see what all needs to be done to it and then decide if that price is worth it to you. a lot of times, its more economical to just sell it and buy one needing less work.

Ditto sadly. It's a 1st gen V6 car, about the bottom of the desirability scale.

It's pretty (other than the stainless grill inserts), but also pretty miserable to do any work to.

Good luck with it.

any time you can buy a $40k car for less than 10% of what it cost new, you can pretty much bet on it needing a small fortune dumped into it to get it back to good standards... if it didn't need so much work, they would have been able to sell it for much more.

Edmunds puts dealer retail on it in average condition at $4K for my region. I own a 2003 V6 and when it is running well, it is a great car, but it has had more problems than ANY of the 10-12 other vehicles both foreign and domestic that I have owned. I would agree that you try to determine what the cost to repair/value when repaired ratio is and how much of that can you stomach. Are you willing to put 4K in a car that is only worth 4K when you are done?

If the tow company broke the oil pan they will need to pay for the repairs. If they towed the car by using a flatbed the chances of the oil pan being broken are about none. But if they used a wheel lift then it is possible that they broke the oil pan, but only if they towed it from the front. And if they towed it from the front they might have messed up the transmission if not using a wheel dolly.

Dream Car and Lincoln LS shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

LOL agreed!

I mean, if you're gonna dream, dream big! the point of a dream car is that it is something you would be be able to possess in real life. unfortunately, the LS can be bought with cash and not much of it these days.

Members online

Back