2003 Lincoln ls v6 help please

Patrick83

New LVC Member
Reaction score
have a 2003 Lincoln ls 3.0
I just replaced the motor and now getting multiple observed codes for the transmission. Po755 po743 po760 po132 po750 po966 p2196. Before replacing the motor there was no transmission codes. The car has no power and doesn't want to go. My mechanic says a brand new transmission will fix the problem but I guess my question is does this sound right that I need a new transmission? Or could this be electricity ?

It's "0" not "o". Anyway, what those codes tell me is that you need a new "mechanic."
P0755, P0743, P0760, Po750, P0966 all almost certainly mean that he forgot to plug in the solenoid connector on top of the transmission. If he were competent, he would know that. There's no way to get from those codes that the whole transmission needs to be replaced. At worst, it would be the solenoid assembly, but it's much more likely that it just isn't plugged in.
P2196 and P0132 mean that he has also forgotten to plug in the bank 1 O2 sensor, or he has damaged the bank1 02 sensor or he has damaged the wiring.

The solenoid connector is very easy to not fully seat. And once the trans is all the way up, it's a pita to get to the bolt on the connector.

Members online

No members online now.
Back