A funny story about the LS

JMT03LSV8

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So, a lot of threads are usually about problems with our cars. Because, let's face it, that's why most forums exist. so we can help each other.

I'm not sure how your significant others are about modifying your cars. My girlfriend is ok with it to an extent but things need to serve a practical purpose most of the times. So the new mufflers and intake didn't make a bunch of sense to her at first but they weren't expensive and it kept me happy. Then she drove the car, and it was ok!

The funny story....

Her Explorer needs some work so I tell her I'll leave the LS at home for her to use and I'll ride the bike to work. She grumbles a little because she knows I'm a bit of a jerk about how she needs to treat my car when using it. I get home the other night and ask...

Me: So, the car run ok? any problems? (I'm waiting to get grumbled at)
Her: God, I love driving your car, I forget how smooth it runs compared to mine.
Me: So, no problems?
Her: Heck no, that things like a caged tiger waiting to be turned loose!
Me: What?
Her: That freakin car just wants to go as soon as you put your foot on the gas!

I'm just laughing at this point. Then her daughter walks in the room.

Olivia: I thought we were in a NASCAR race this morning when mom took me to school!
GF: I wasn't going that fast!

We all laughed our asses off.

Since my car is having issues with the COP's right now I borrowed a co-workers/friends car to go to my orthodontist appointment that's 45minutes away this morning.

Going from a LSV8 to a 2000 toyota corolla 4banger.... I felt like I was driving a motorized shopping cart compared to the LS. haha

Trying to merge onto the freeway I could barely make 50 by the end when I'm used to making 70/80 no problem at all, it was quite the saddening experience. But it did remind me of just how much I do love the car.

Yep, been there! when they were doing work on my car, I always got a loaner. Had a Malibu one time, a couple different Fusions, a Focus and a Taurus. Just not the same. The service manager asked me one time if the loaner ran ok. I told him yeah, it was ok, just wasn't as nice a ride or as quiet. He looks at me and says "Dude, look what you drive, there isn't anything here that compares"

Cool stuff. My girlfriend loved to ride in my ls, she misses it almost as much as me. Loaners always make it worse, its bad enough you don't have your ls, then they stick you with something that's not even close to it making the wait more agonizing

Mine would have to be on the bike, sorry!

Nice story. Just be careful; she'll want to drive your car more often from now on.

I always try to rent decent cars, but it seems they keep downgrading the classes. I remember when my Grand Prix was considered midsize. Now, even the fullsize category is filled with smaller cars than that. Last time, I just said screw it and sprung for the Navigator. It was massive, but it did ride nice (big and floaty, not much like the LS).

Members online

No members online now.
Back