SST Shifter Question?

battleborn

LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought an SST shifter on eBay for my V6. The recycler that I bought it from emailed me saying he had broken a "pink piece" in the shifter assembly and did I still want it. Should I pass on this now or is this piece something I can take out of my non-SST shifter? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409171010.008883.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409171034.497260.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409171010.008883.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409171034.497260.jpg

I think (don't know for certain) that is part of the SST up/down switch function. If so, you won't have that part on your existing shifter and you wouldn't want to get the broken one.

That's the brake interlock arm. You will need that to get the shifter to get out of "Park".

So you can install TT GE SST shifter on a carvtgat didn't originally come with it? Is this true for both first and second gen cars?

I think that I have the first non-Lincoln installed SST in a V6, with the help of LLSOC members (LS4me being one of them). You will lose D4 function, in return you get a straight to 3rd gear function. I have not had any issues with it and the dealers, when it was still under warranty never questioned it. There were 2 or 3 of 2003 press test cars that had V6 with SST, one being in Canada last I heard and it had full function of the SST with D4 included. I have never found a dealer that would reflash the transmission module with the 2003 V6 vin. that had the Lincoln installed SST. Other than that it has been great. I say do the install.

Members online

Back