1990 mark vii brake line replacement sizes help

cinz4064

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i would like to replace the brake lines soup to nuts my abs pump went the other day and i was lucky enough to find a 88 mark with a working pump anyway the rest of the lines arent in the best shape and i want to replace all the medal lines i need line and fitting sizes so i can order all the parts. can anyone help? the hoses are easy to find but i dont want to run bvack and forth to the parts house i dont mind using my flare tool if necessary but woulndt mind premade lines please help thanks chris

The manual doesn't provide very much detail about the lines.

It does specify a few things about lines around the master cylinder, like ISO and metric flare nuts... some are double flare.... 3/16-inch steel.
An "english tube nut" is used on the other end of the tube. Metric on one end and SAE on the other?

..double wall steel tubing is used everywhere except the flexible hoses...

"....If a section of the brake tubing becomes damaged, the entire section should be replaced with tubing of the same type, size, shape and length."

not much help there...

Probably a dumb question, but why not identify and list the parts and take measurements and bends off of your car's existing lines and fittings?

was pressed for time working alot i use a company van during the week and wanted to have everything together before i started work on the mark this weekend the lines thanks for the help ill just have to rip it all out so i know what to buy

It sure would be nice to have a blueprint before starting the job.
I originally got my '88 LSC only because it had a brake problem that the dealership could not find, and they wanted to replace the entire system... so I'm interested in these brakes.
What is it about the lines that makes you want to change it all out?

Members online

Back