Sway bar bushings

search - this has been covered nearly as many times as coils. You can use energy suspension bushings and if you go Ford I believe you have to buy the entire bar as the bushings are not serviceable. I believe there is a difference between first gen and second gen sway bars but you don't list your car.

Bar diameter differences are due to 'Sport' and 'Not Sport'. The ES bushings are narrower than factory and allow the bar to move side-to-side to a small extent. Fabricated spacers will take care of the problem and keeping some lubrication on them will help in the 'squeek-wear' department.

KS

Also, if you have the gen 1 v6 sport, you have the 32mm sway bar. I was told by other members that you can clean up/re-use the bushing brackets, and go with the jaguar bushings for an oem fit, no modifications needed. Not sure if the jag bushings are available for the v8, because even the sport v8 uses a smaller diameter sway bar than the sport v6. Hope this helps, nate.

Hi Nate, I have a 02 non sport and looking to replace front sway bar bushings. Is the sport sway bar interchangable with the non sport bar? if I'm needing to replace it anyway

Nope.... The stabilizer bars are different sizes between sport and non-sport.

Can you swap a non sport sway bar for a sport sway bar, bushings and all?

Yup, but you will probably want to do them in pairs. Do you want one end to have less, or more, roll than the other? Granted you probably won't feel the difference.

Members online

Back