Replaced transmission. Getting laundry list of codes now.

2000sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Gear indicator shows "E"
Car is a 2000 v6. 5r55n transmission. Original foundry stamping of 22. Replaced with foundry stamping 21

Car will move, and shift through gears on the lift (verified with SnapOn Solus scanner)

Pulling codes as follow:

p0713 p0743 p0750 p0755 p0760 p0796 p1746 p1788

In addition, trans fluid temp is indicated to be in excess of 8,000 deg F

Hi, I was facing similar problem 4 years ago. The code was P0735. This is my thread back then. It might be something to start with. Then try to read other threads on this subject.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?69365-Transmission-Error

Installs and parts that fixed the problem: 5r55n valve body rebuild kit install, new valve body gasket, new transmission filter and transmission fluid replacement (carefully check fluid level after adding ).

Best luck.

My oh my, those codes sent me back a long way. My tranny was toast with those codes. Are you able to drive it on the road?

Yes. But sticks in 4th gear.

Seems to me the tcm isn't communicating with the solenoid block at all.

Yes. But sticks in 4th gear.

Seems to me the tcm isn't communicating with the solenoid block at all.

There is no TCM, only the PCM. Anyway, I think you are right and the connector at the top of the transmission to the solenoid block is not seated.

Replaced solenoid block with known good one. Made sure connector was fully seated. Still pulling same codes. Any other ideas joe?

Everything worked fine put until the trans exploded a few months ago. Car has been parked since then.

p1746 - You have an open circuit on the pressure control solenoid.
Damaged connector.
Bad solenoid.
Broken wiring.
Bad PCM.

Little update. Rewired the connector. Apparently when I wired in the new connector, I flip flopped all of the PC wires. There are 3 brown/white wires, 2 brown/green, and 2
Brown/yellow wires. All of them were wrong.

I now have no codeS, but the engine will stall out when I try to shift to drive.

Thanks ls4me. I totally forgot to re check trans fluid level.

Between the new owner breathing down my neck to get the car done, trying to get my actual work done, getting yelled at by my boss for the LS taking up a bay for 3 days, and everything else, my mind has been a bit crazy the past few days.

No dice on the fluid.

TCC is stuck released. Cannot force it to apply through scan tool either. With the car on the lift I can put it in drive, and it will slam into gear after a several second delay.

All fixed! Backprobed the PCM connector and got the solenoid connector all wired up!

Trans shifts nice and smooth.

Members online

No members online now.
Back