What did you do to your LS today?

Gave her a bath last night, hit the wrecking yard for a ash tray today. After being told yesterday that one of their other yards (an hour away) had one, we headed down today. And of course, they don't even have a GenII :mad: But I was determined not to walk out with nothing, and I found a couple good strut caps, or what ever they car called, which they just gave to me. All cleaned, shined up and on the car now. There was an GenI LSE rear plate surround that appeared to be good, but unfortunately no good grills that I could use on my car.

Had the LS at the dealer for 2-days: hesitation during acceleration, noisy rear passenger side suspension and broken center vent panel (buttons fall in). They replaced coils and plugs on cylinders #2 and #3, replaced the lower A-arm on the rear suspension and stabilizer bar end links, and replaced the center vent plate. All done for $0.00, because it was covered under the extended warranty I bought 3-years ago (2-years to go on the extended warranty). The LS has now almost 62K miles. Unfortunately, under the original COP warranty from Lincoln and the extended warranty I have, they only replace the coils and plugs that fail their tests, rather than when one fails replace all. But, as long as I can get it fixed for free, I will just keep visiting my friends at the dealer and let them do the work. Car runs great now; no suspension noises and no hesitation.

not actually blown, just skipped time or dropped a valve, not sure yet

most likely skipped a tooth on the exhaust cam, may only just need tensioners and chains.

most likely skipped a tooth on the exhaust cam, may only just need tensioners and chains.

I guess some people may get lucky, but if hes hearing something that has him thinking that he could have dropped a valve, then the amount a teeth skipped was probably too many and there are some serious problems that are going to need to be addressed.

buying a new(er) engine may still be by far the best option...

This weekend I put a pair of subs in the rear deck since both of mine were blown. There was maybe 20% of the surrounds left. Here's the real kicker: 8" round subs. I'd say I'm happy. Kicker 40CWD82, 200 watt RMS, dual coil 2ohm (gives me flexibility down the road), 7" hole.

2014-08-02 19.45.21.jpg

Hidden from the outside without taking up trunk space. I'm using the factory amp for now, but I'm surprised it doesn't clip (amp pushed too hard), which is worse than bottoming out (sub pushed too hard). I'd say I'm happy

I almost threw my hands up and tore them out, thinking I did really shoddy work. I turned them on and there was an awful vibration/rattle/mini earthquake noise when they hit. I thought the 1/4" MDF adapters weren't strong enough. Nope, the car wasn't assembled yet and the high brake light is extraordinarily loose without the rest of the trim. I "dynomatted" the light, amp, and tuner with kitchen drawer liner just to be safe.

2014-08-02 19.45.21.jpg

I was running across the bridge toward Tampa and a Jag XF was messing with me. He kept sitting right beside me at 80 mph. I found an opening and nailed it. I couldn't see him anymore. I pegged the needle and backed off. She was still accelerating. That was fun!

I was running across the bridge toward Tampa and a Jag XF was messing with me. He kept sitting right beside me at 80 mph. I found an opening and nailed it. I couldn't see him anymore. I pegged the needle and backed off. She was still accelerating. That was fun!

That really really long bridge across the Bay? I HATE THAT THING!!! My wife was born and raised in Tampa, and I took her back for a class reunion. We went across that bridge and while we were out there a friggin water spout touched down in the bay!!! You think YOU went fast across that bridge... I'm the sort of guy that if I go over the side I have to WALK out because when I hit the water I sink straight to the bottom.

Good job on smoking the Jag though.

Replaced the driver side window regulator today. Good thing too, because it only had a couple more up and downs left on it. When I tried to remove the bolt holding the glass on the rear side of the door, the whole guide split off. I normally use the driver window on a daily basis, but as soon as I first heard it not sounding right I stopped using it and only rolled it down 3 times since the first abnormal sound. If you hear a plastic breaking sound when the window goes up and down, don't wait.

It was a Dorman unit, and did not come with a new motor. Was a little ticked about that because I thought I ordered a regulator with motor, but it didn't have a motor on it.

Strange on the indexing thing, didn't have to do it on mine. I installed the motor, installed the regulator, and it all worked exactly as it should including auto up and auto down (a feature I wish my 2000 Silverado had). 2003 model.

Hard to find? I picked up a set last week, pretty sure there was a few more there to.

That really really long bridge across the Bay? I HATE THAT THING!!! My wife was born and raised in Tampa, and I took her back for a class reunion. We went across that bridge and while we were out there a friggin water spout touched down in the bay!!! You think YOU went fast across that bridge... I'm the sort of guy that if I go over the side I have to WALK out because when I hit the water I sink straight to the bottom.

Good job on smoking the Jag though.
It was the Howard Franklund. I'm sure it was just the garden variety Jag or he might have smoked me. I was surprised how fast it got up to speed though. One thing for sure I'm gonna need a lip spoiler to run that fast.

Had the LS at the dealer for 2-days: hesitation during acceleration, noisy rear passenger side suspension and broken center vent panel (buttons fall in). They replaced coils and plugs on cylinders #2 and #3, replaced the lower A-arm on the rear suspension and stabilizer bar end links, and replaced the center vent plate. All done for $0.00, because it was covered under the extended warranty I bought 3-years ago (2-years to go on the extended warranty). The LS has now almost 62K miles. Unfortunately, under the original COP warranty from Lincoln and the extended warranty I have, they only replace the coils and plugs that fail their tests, rather than when one fails replace all. But, as long as I can get it fixed for free, I will just keep visiting my friends at the dealer and let them do the work. Car runs great now; no suspension noises and no hesitation.

62k and the suspension is already wore out. That's pretty sad damn it. Explains why my bushings are wore out from front to back with only 80k. Love hate relationship with this car.

I replaced the rear deck speakers today. The old ones were both blown, so I'd been running without them for the past couple of weeks. I may dial it down a couple of bars; this car sometimes has a little too much bass depending on what I'm listening to, but it's still better than no bass at all.

I also got my 100,000 mi oil change early. I need to take an unplanned trip up North, and It'll be due before I get back. I was planning on getting all 8 coils replaced when I got the 100,000 mi service, but I'll do that when I get back.

Members online

No members online now.
Back