What did you do to your LS today?

took advice from other source not to use a Gatorback <shrugs>
OEM belt lasted 10yrs+

Small world..... I'm 1/4 Norwegian!!!!

Great... now the little voice in my head that reads things to me will be reading your posts with a Norwegian accent. Well, really it'll be the Swedish Chef, but you know...

marzipan_swedish_chef_by_wolfieska-d4qynfu.jpg

1. Removed driver door panel to extract destroyed window regulator and chock window up with a piece of wood. I was pleased to see the regulators down to like $50 these days!

2. Started it up and stuck my head in the engine bay to listen and try and figure out where the mind bending squeak is coming from. (idler pulley me thinks and hopes $20)

3. Tore ass through the gears around the block a few times

4. saw this video and am now contemplating wrapping the old bitch. Car is more bondo these days anyway, 3 paint jobs in 13 years lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li2XACR6t7o

OK Center caps on... I like how they match with the gun metal and not the machine finish!

52EC3217-BE45-4A57-9269-6C254C7D0A89_zpsoakskl5g.jpg

0042B043-2CBB-4CF0-B98E-080B16FD7A10_zps81qugv1y.jpg

9408E262-856A-4D13-8CEF-D998B47EB767_zpsndqvvbwl.jpg

Upgrading my door speakers I had mbquarts in the rear doors. So I am removing them and moving my front door speakers to the back they are arc audio acs230 great quality speakers and installing Rainbow audio germanium 5.25 cs230.24in the front they had just enough room in the pod for them.
Will get a picture once I finish the passenger side.

image.jpg

Not my LS, but my daughter and I changed the upper control arms on her LS. The Raybestos arms sure are shiny!!!!!!!

uploadfromtaptalk1406513483292.jpg
Got this today, going to try and find time next weekend to try it out. Have put a egr valve on the wife's car first...lol

uploadfromtaptalk1406513483292.jpg

Finally installed the rear PowerStop brakes to match the front. Used this opportunity once again to teach and give my boys some experience, each did one side.

Hinzy-Get gears. That should keep you busy for a little while

jjcool- the caps came out great. How did you end up bonding them to the caps?

Clay, polish, and seal today. First time I've actually hand washed this year, too busy.
Snapchat-20140729054713.jpg

Snapchat-20140729054713.jpg

was it not running well before you replaced?
I've been having misfires recently and it really started running like crap the day I put the new ones in. After the new ones were installed, it is a huge difference. Before, sometimes it would run great and other times not. I am now able to really tell the difference the cam work did. Can't wait to do the exhaust and intake. I never got a CEL at all.

cam work ? huh, come again?
also what brand coils you put in?

cam work ? huh, come again?
also what brand coils you put in?
A friend of mine does his own work on cams. He found some with the correct specs and ground them for me in his machine shop. Basically like blueprinting and then slight increase in overlap. Its supposed to move the powerband up. The variable valve timing does this already but now it effectively has more range. The computer doesn't like it so it was a very small change. It seems to work though after 4000 rpm and I'm getting 18-19 mpg in the city. That was with the tired coils. I don't know the exact brand I got but they were very inexpensive. They seem to be more heavy duty though. we'll see if they last. I run copper plugs.

Members online

No members online now.
Back