LED Halo trigger wire

ArabianNight

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So finally the weather is supposed to warm up a lil here in Buffalo, NY and I plan on installing the wiring for the halo lights now I read u can tap into the fuse box under the hood for the power and I am using a relay wiring harness provided with the halo lighting system my question is about the trigger wire I want them to turn on with the parking lights my plan was to tap into the corner bumper light but from my understanding the positive wire is hot once the car is awake and ground is grounded once the lights are turned on so would that activate the halo lights just by the car being awake or will they just turn on when I turn the parking lights on? BTW 01 Lincoln LS V8.

... my plan was to tap into the corner bumper light but from my understanding the positive wire is hot once the car is awake and ground is grounded once the lights are turned on so would that activate the halo lights just by the car being awake or will they just turn on when I turn the parking lights on? BTW 01 Lincoln LS V8.

If you wire one side of the relay coil to the positive wire on the light, and the other side of the relay coil to the negative wire on the light, then it will work they way you want it to (LEDs on when parking lights are on, and only when they are on.)

If instead you wire one side of the relay coil to the positive wire on the light, and the other side of the relay coil to ground, then the LEDs will be on anytime the car is awake.

Ok cool yea I planned on installing them the way u first stated positive and negative from the relay coil so thanks for the info .

So I installed the preinstalled led halo headlights in my 01 LS I used the included relay wiring harness that came with the headlights. I got constant power (because I didn't know where to get ACC power) for them from the fuse box on the passenger side under the hood I connected the second (long) trigger wire to the parking light on the bumper and the negative or ground to the ground of the same light. Now my issue is when I turn the lights off the halos do shut off completely but say I go in the garage after a few hrs the halos will be lite up very dim but still on like I would say 1/4 brightness. I happened to touch the secondary trigger wire (shorts one) to a piece of metal grounding it and they turned off. My question is did I connect the wrong trigger wire or do I have to ground the second trigger wire thought if it wasn't being used I just leave it alone. I figured if the lights were off no current triggering the relay so they should be off completely.

I caught that before u deleted the post and I was considering tapping into the parking lights to power the halos but read a lot about them and opted to go with the relay type hook up and having its own lower source I paid way to much for these and wanted to get the best performance and results but now I even notice a slight flicker im thinking I used t-taps to tap into the ground and trigger wire will probably redo those and splice and solder those connections hoping that its just a not so good ground.

I've had them to my parking lights for 6 years...no problems. Nice, simple, clean... I'll repost just the wiring if you like

sure:

Here's after rings installed (let me know if you'd like before)

LSKAngelEyeInstallGuide-CCFL-page-010_zps9aee0717.jpg

LSKAngelEyeInstallGuide-CCFL-page-011_zps69bcd9b4.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back