need a roof rack

This thread has me looking at putting one on my car. Why? No real reason. Just for looks lol. I like the racj that was on the LS that was being sold on c-list

If you're a fellow BMX rider then I feel less alone on here haha.

Nice to see some people riding. Its been years for me since i rode just picked up a nice eastern bmx this week. Pretty much since i got my license i stopped riding.

Im 26 now, i forgot how fun it is. Great exercise to ;)

Nice to see some people riding. Its been years for me since i rode just picked up a nice eastern bmx this week. Pretty much since i got my license i stopped riding.

I never quite riding, but now I do it for fun instead of getting from point a to b

Years ago I wanted to get a rack for the bike and the skis, but never found anything that would work.

I've carried them inside with the rear seats folded down. Works fine for a single bike (front wheel removed) or only two people going skiing.

Can't car pool to the trails or the slopes without a rack.

If anyone finds a good solution I'd be interested in seeing it.

Never too old. I will admit I don't ride nearly as much as I used to. Life caught up with me. I have a Fly Pantera custom complete.

Yakima Q Clips for Lincoln LS

I remember that actually. Looked pretty damn cool

If anyone is interested in mounting Yakima roof rack on their Lincoln LS, I have the clips. Yakima uses "Q Clips" to attach Q-Towers/Bars to your car. The only thing special about the roof rack that you could only buy from Lincoln is the Q Clips coded as "QLS" as opposed to the many different Yakima versions such as Q05 or Q83.

The QLS clips require you to drill two holes for each under the weatherstripping and use anchors. The kit came with solid aluminum anchors that would mushroom like a molly. I installed them myself and used the rack for years to transport bikes to and from various places. The rack worked solidly, even with three mountain bikes on the roof at 100mph on one occasion.

My LS is totaled (not from driving too fast with bikes on roof), but I have the 4 clips and 8 bolts/washers (you'll have to get your own anchors) if anyone wants them. I am asking $45 including shipping and will post on ebay as well.

IMG_20140702_091227.jpg

IMG_20140702_091227.jpg

For anyone wondering the anchors are actually just threaded rivets. Very easy to do. I just bought these not to long ago!

I'll take those off your hands. Send me a pm and I will send you payment thru paypal or mail a check.

For anyone wondering the anchors are actually just threaded rivets. Very easy to do. I just bought these not to long ago!

Where did you get the threaded rivets? I just bought these off of grahamcrackers and looking to mount them soon.

Where did you get the threaded rivets? I just bought these off of grahamcrackers and looking to mount them soon.
I'd check a good hardware store - self-tapping sheet metal screws could work too, but I'm not sure about the rust factor there.

Could you please upload high-res pics with measurements of all angles? I also am a sinner, and want to put a rack on my LS. I read that the Q30 are close, but would need to compare them to tell if they are close enough.

I will have to take one off to take the pictures. I will try and do that soon.

Here are pictures of it on the car. I know I was looking really hard for them and couldn't find any.

20140719_172048.jpg

20140719_171034.jpg

20140719_170959.jpg

20140719_170942.jpg

I'd check a good hardware store - self-tapping sheet metal screws could work too, but I'm not sure about the rust factor there.

Could you please upload high-res pics with measurements of all angles? I also am a sinner, and want to put a rack on my LS. I read that the Q30 are close, but would need to compare them to tell if they are close enough.

Just by looking at some quick pictures of the q30 clips, I can say they are no where near the same as the QLS Clips.

Looks good, it does not look out of place on the LS like some have said.

I have been looking at the Yakima clips for the Volkswagan Q103 clips. Might be a way to leave one bolt in place all the time and just remove one bolt per clip to get the clips.

Not a rack, but I use this mount.

It hasn't been a hassle to throw on and take off when I've been in a rush. I guess it wouldn't beat having a rack though.

I have a trunk rack for my bikes, but I need a roof rack for a canoe I just got this summer. It only has about an inch of clearance on each side around the sunroof, so I'm nervous about breaking that glass.

For those with a trunk rack, do you have problems with scratching the hell out of the paint??

For those with a trunk rack, do you have problems with scratching the hell out of the paint??

You shouldn't have that problem. The feet and clips should be coated or covered in rubber or plastic. If you have a flawless finish in the paint, then you'll probably see marks from dort being rubbed. If you use a rack, then you're probably not going to worry about adding to the swirl marks you likely already have

Members online

Back