rear spoiler or wing

the1andonlyGR81

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was touring and drawing a new idea for a rear spoiler or wing modeled after the S 281 spoiler I was thinking or wondering to follow the body line of the trunk or make the spoiler flat across the top and mold the bottom to fit the trunk with a wing style it would not be an issue as the wing would be straight and clear the hump also modeled after a Mustang rear wing from American muscle you can C the different spoilers

I was thinking or wondering to follow the body line of the trunk or make the spoiler flat across the top and mold the bottom to fit the trunk with a wing style

The strange part to our trunk is that the rear corner droops down quite a bit, making a spoiler that follows the body line somewhat awkward as it meets the top of the hump and back down again to the other corner. Looking at it from the back, it would almost resemble the Gateway Arch in St.Louis.

Good to see you back, btw.

97markJA and blueT made spoilers for their cars that comes closest to complimenting the body lines. I like what they did to minimize the arch by building up the spoiler corners and still make it look pleasing to look at from any angle.

I'm not sure about a wing concept.
Are you looking to make a whaletail spoiler ? maybe?

I'm not sure about a wing concept.
Are you looking to make a whaletail spoiler ? maybe?

Like an old fox body Mustang GT- I think they looked great on the Mustang but I am torn on the mark.

no I was looking at the saleen style 281 94 to 98 Mustang spoiler which you can see on American Muscle if you click on 94 to 98 and body kits then rear wings.the. whale tail would just look way too big and stand out too much.they also make s 281 style for the 99 to 2004 Mustangs but it has a little different end on it but it almost 3 inches wider which I think is close to our trunk size. Rk makes a spoiler a little bigger than the 281 style for the Pontiac Grand Am I was also looking at you can see if you Google Pontiac Grand Am body kits and go to rear wingsthere is also the stock wing for the 99 through 2004 Mustang dad is flat on the body at both ends an open in the middle like a pedestal wing but not with open ends I want something that looks not like sheep you see these cars on the road with wings like an aeroplane on risers that looks ridiculousthe only real question is weather the wings or spoiler should follow the contour of the trunk or I think should be flat and straight across at the top and directly on the body allowing for the middle hump which rises about two and a half inches on the 98 LSC like I said you can see the wings on American Muscleand I think the classiest would be the s 281 style made 2 go over the hump without changing the shape of the spoilerI'm still in the hospital and posting of my cell phone or I take a picture with my laptop and post that through Photobucket but me getting out won't happen until probably the end of August right now it's just a miracle that I survive bone and blood infection I had

I was looking at the body lines of my Mark the other day and thinking about your post I was wondering about how a roof spoiler would look on it. The lines are right and I bet with the right one it would look pretty cool. Screenshot_2014-07-04-09-44-02-1.jpg

Screenshot_2014-07-04-09-44-02-1.jpg

I removed OEM/dealer spoilers from a variety of cars in the junk yard and mocked them up on a gen I. The only one that didn't look really bad (it just looked bad) was from the new edge Cougars.

I tried probably 10 different ones, off of Probes, Cougars, Contours, a few Dodges, and between the relatively narrow deck lid and the hump pretty tough to get something to look right.

Chris that almost looks like a painted 1x6 stuck to the trunk

Members online

Back