How Many Lincoln Ls 5 Speed Manuals Are Left Out There??

Thats a nasty pic. Dont want another 5 spd?

not sure what ill get if they total it. might keep it and try to fix it and transplant something in it. might get a gen 2. i have an 05 yukon with a built motor and a procharger on it so i have a decent toy still. might just do a gen 2 with a few bolt ons and just use it as a good daily. gen 2 v8s have air assisted injectors correct?

Lincoln Ls 5 speed manual

I have one with 156k on the motor. Call me at 914 482 3318

Hey Guys

How Many Lincoln Ls 5 Speed Manuals Do You Guys Think Are Left Out There In The World?? I Have Been Looking For One, Very Hard To Find.

2nd Question --what Is Production Of The Lincoln Ls 5 SPEED MANUAL -some People Say They Didn't Produce More Than 1,200. Others Say About 1,900. I Called Ford, They Don't Break Down Production By Automatics Or Manuals.

Does Anyone Know Of Any 5 Speed Manuals For Sale??

Just Want To Get Some Feedback

Paul

Lincoln Ls 5 speed

If anyone is interested i have one 5 speed 105K miles fully loaded , ill post my craigslist link tomorrow afternoon PM me if interested we can discuss prices.

Just got one on saturday, LSE 5sp. Its a keeper, soon to be sleeper...hopefully

Here's my new 5 speed manual Lincoln LS. Before finding it on Craigslist at 155,XXX, I has no clue they even made them in manual trasmission! Can't even begin to say how happy it makes me though, being my first car, as I always admired their body style as a kid. I couldn't be happier. No repairs or any problems yet, aside from the fact that only the drivers side window works. I am going to install new motors when I get the time, but aside from that, it's a dream.
photo.php.jpeg

photo.php.jpeg

+1

does anything in the door make a sound when you push the window buttons?

Yes, in one window, so I assume that would be the only one which needs a new regulator only. However, my passenger side front window is held up by a 2x4 and duct tape on the inside for now, as three days after I bought the car, the window fell right down while I was driving, luckily no damaging it. So I removed the whole motor and regulator piece from it, which had some broken plastic components (sigh, why the hell can't they make these types of things out of more durable materials). I have yet to open up the door which does not make any sound, so I need to check that out. Maybe I can transfer parts around so I at least have a working passenger window, which is the least I can ask for until I run into some spending money.

2001 Lincoln 5 speed For Sale see on Craigs list Dallas Texas

Hey Guys

How Many Lincoln Ls 5 Speed Manuals Do You Guys Think Are Left Out There In The World?? I Have Been Looking For One, Very Hard To Find.

2nd Question --what Is Production Of The Lincoln Ls 5 SPEED MANUAL -some People Say They Didn't Produce More Than 1,200. Others Say About 1,900. I Called Ford, They Don't Break Down Production By Automatics Or Manuals.

Does Anyone Know Of Any 5 Speed Manuals For Sale??

Just Want To Get Some Feedback

Paul
Yes I got one 2001 Craig's List Dallas TX
Bill

value

what are these things worth? does anyone think in another decade or so they can become like the old BMW's that are now selling for a crazy amount of dollars?

well that suck, lol, anyways only reason I ask is becasue I Do have one and am debating on wheather to keep it or not. but at if I decide to sell sell it, I would prefer to sell it to someone who appreciates the car, and its history.

As much as I like the LSes that I have, I just can't see any LS ever going up in value. In fact, not too many years from now it may become impossible to keep them running correctly due to lack of parts.

As much as I like the LSes that I have, I just can't see any LS ever going up in value. In fact, not too many years from now it may become impossible to keep them running correctly due to lack of parts.

you do make a very good point, I recently was looking for parts and even ford does not make them anymore.

Depending on what you need, you may find the parts readily available through Jaguar for S-type, especially for the manual transmission LS.

Depending on what you need, you may find the parts readily available through Jaguar for S-type, especially for the manual transmission LS.

On that note, Jaguar has its own Heritage Parts division. Although the S-Type is not listed there yet, I have no reason to believe it won't be in a few years when Ford parts are long gone.

my 5 speed is still alive and well. im putting in new ball joints right now. aside from a few other minor issues (de-gas bottle) it is in decent shape. not pristine but decent.
162k though... (mobil 1 full synth every 3-5k miles though)

i'm starting to toy with the idea of selling it. seeing what fans of this car (and a 5 speed model) would offer. im not expecting a whole lot but maybe...

I guess if this thread is back, I should share that I unexpectedly ended up with this 02 LSE 5-speed about a month ago. 151K, kind of beat up but I'm working through the issues as time allows. The woman who sold it to me (and whose ad stated clearly that it was manual) said multiple people showed up to test drive it who didn't know how to drive a stick, so definitely not something collectors are seeking out :cool:

ls_outside.jpg
ls_inside.jpg

cool!! I love to see the gear shift in the center. i still look in any LS I see in parking lots for a manual. In 17 years I have only seen 1 (maybe 2) others.
looks like it is in decent shape (from the pictures). thanks for the head up, guess your right that certainly seems to show a cold market!

Members online

No members online now.
Back