Got a "Bow Tie" to go with my "Lincoln Star"

xford

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
The new toy - a little American Muscle for the 4th of July! :steering Great bang for the buck on the performance front IMO. Don't love the rear taillight design but the rest of the car works for me. Tried to find a used 2012-2013 new body style White 911 S convertible but crazy expensive…Chevy has come a long way with this car - too bad the rest of the company is in such a mess lately.
DSCN1530.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1533.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1535.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1538.jpg
[/URL]
Keeping the LS:Beer
DSCN1523.jpg
[/URL]

gorgeous car man congrats , I have been looking at one in red with black rims but at my age I dont really feel like paying monthly , glad to see you are keeping the Ls too

Very nice. I like the front but prefer the last gen rear over this one's. Nice buy though, should be a very fun toy

The new toy - a little American Muscle for the 4th of July! :steering Great bang for the buck on the performance front IMO. Don't love the rear taillight design but the rest of the car works for me. Tried to find a used 2012-2013 new body style White 911 S convertible but crazy expensive…Chevy has come a long way with this car - too bad the rest of the company is in such a mess lately.
DSCN1530.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1533.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1535.jpg
[/URL]
DSCN1538.jpg
[/URL]
Keeping the LS:Beer
DSCN1523.jpg
[/URL]

Yea. The taillights were meant for the Pontiac Firebird, which was terminated when Pontiac was closed.
It is a ballsy car though.

great choice, C7s are pretty bad ass, personally I love them and the new generation LT1 is a torque monster!

chevy finally started using better quality materials on the interior. the C6 wasn't too bad on this front, but all the knobs on C5s and older look exactly the same as everything on a cavalier...

Noyce! A fine/only example of an American sports car.

First mod, Z06 tail lamp swap when available. That would fit the theme the car already has going for it, without paying Z06 money of course. :)

Nice. I can't imagine it being too long before the aftermarket comes out with a new rear clip to remove that "rear ended by a Camaro" look they put on the new ones. I understand GM has been getting enough flak about it that they are going to go back to the old style round tail lights in a future iteration.

You bought a Chevy??

I have worked for all the Big Three either directly or indirectly my entire career. As a result I don't have any major loyalty one way or the other. That said, Ford has done a great job recently and IMO have their best full line of products since the Model T was the only option. When I was at Ford I was given new Company Cars every 6 months or so during the early/mid 2000's because I worked for the Credit Company, and believe it or not, Ford considered those sold units. Not much different than the rental car inventory "smoke and mirrors" that has gone on forever. It was during this period I was introduction to the Lincoln LS and had three in rapid succession from 2005-2006 when Ford could not give them away. I loved the car and bought mine off-lease used from an elderly couple that put 20k miles on it in 2 years. $16k for a $45k car that I had my dealer friend Certify w/ Powertrain Warranty etc.- what a steal! And speaking of "Brand Loyalty" remember the LS is basically a Jaguar S type with a Lincoln body. At the time Ford/Lincoln owned most of Mazda, all of Jaguar, Land Rover, and Aston Martin.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I am considering having the rear taillight surrounds painted white to match. What do you think?

I have worked for all the Big Three either directly or indirectly my entire career. As a result I don't have any major loyalty one way or the other. That said, Ford has done a great job recently and IMO have their best full line of products since the Model T was the only option. When I was at Ford I was given new Company Cars every 6 months or so during the early/mid 2000's because I worked for the Credit Company, and believe it or not, Ford considered those sold units. Not much different than the rental car inventory "smoke and mirrors" that has gone on forever. It was during this period I was introduction to the Lincoln LS and had three in rapid succession from 2005-2006 when Ford could not give them away. I loved the car and bought mine off-lease used from an elderly couple that put 20k miles on it in 2 years. $16k for a $45k car that I had my dealer friend Certify w/ Powertrain Warranty etc.- what a steal! And speaking of "Brand Loyalty" remember the LS is basically a Jaguar S type with a Lincoln body. At the time Ford/Lincoln owned most of Mazda, all of Jaguar, Land Rover, and Aston Martin.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I am considering having the rear taillight surrounds painted white to match. What do you think?

I forgot to add Volvo to the list of Brands owned by Ford at the time. Had my parents purchase an S-80 with the Yamaha V8 at A-Plan pricing - another steal and what a sweet 4 door drivers car that was! I bet the Yamaha connection w/ Ford/Volvo came out of the Taurus SHO partnership that for a time had the japanese designed and I believe built motor - it makes me smile to remember my Black on Black Taurus SHO Company Car with the Yamaha Motor - crazy on the torque steer!

And Volvo

honestly, right now, I'm really liking cars with the "storm trooper" look! I like a lot of black areas and trim on a white car. so my vote would be to leave the rear black.

I also like the idea of the darker Z06 lights

now all this talk about Z06s are making my pants fit a little tighter...

Mmmmmmmmmmm, LT4!
might as well call it the ZR06!

Members online

Back