Reverse lights

dj_jace

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So my reverse lights arent working. Since I highly doubt both bulbs went out at the same time I was thinking fuse but pulled all the small blade fuses in the trunk and none of them were popped... anybody know which fuse number is for the reverse lights. Also is there a relay I should check? Any help is appreciated. ..

Jason

What year is your LS?
Maybe one bulb burned out a while ago and you didn't notice since you still had light from the other bulb? Now the other bulb has burned out, and you noticed when both were out.

What year is your LS?
Maybe one bulb burned out a while ago and you didn't notice since you still had light from the other bulb? Now the other bulb has burned out, and you noticed when both were out.
Its an 02... and you are right. I changed the bulbs and they work now. They burned out close together thpugh bc my wife drove it the other day and they were both on when she backed out so I assumed it wasnt the bulbs. thanks for the quick reply though...

make sure they are watts instead of smd , i got 15 watt ones and they are pretty good

make sure they are watts instead of smd , i got 15 watt ones and they are pretty good

What?
SMD = Surface Mount Device, which all high powered lighting LEDs are.
Watts = a measure of the amount of power consumed. All SMD LEDs have a wattage rating (most are less than 1 watt per SMD element).

your right false info given by me , here is a pic of what not to buy

Screenshot_2014-06-29-21-09-21.jpg

So where is a good place to buy led bulbs? Im wanting to replace low beams, fogs, reverse, and probably tails... just want to make sure I get the right type and good quality. Also for the front turns I was thinking about doing switchbacks in the clear turns with the white as a running light and amber for the turn.

ebay works , look for sellers with high ratings and local not China, most will require a resistor , I have Leds in my high beams , reverse , license plate , footwell , puddle , and fogs

IMG_20140507_181422.jpg

IMG_20140503_125753.jpg

for light output, its usually better to have fewer of the large SMDs instead of tons of little SMDs.

and if its one of those bulbs that actually has regular old LEDs, don't bother. it might look cool, but your not gonna see sh!t behind you...

Members online

No members online now.
Back