What fuel to use

Moliveira

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any one has tried running 110 octane fuel before, or am I just going to melt my pistons?

but you ill dislike the ordinary fuel after that so if your lincoln is is the weekend ride go fot and try it but if you use it evry day i advice you not doing that

if you don't have any issue with the octane you have now, going with more octane will not benefit you in any way...
you need to push the spark tables, add compression, add boost, do something before 110 will make any difference at all.
higher octane fuels do not have any more BTUs per gallon you know.

if you don't have any issue with the octane you have now, going with more octane will not benefit you in any way...
you need to push the spark tables, add compression, add boost, do something before 110 will make any difference at all.
higher octane fuels do not have any more BTUs per gallon you know.

This may not always be true. Connect a good scan tool and see if the knock sensors are ever pulling timing back due to slight pinging. I know that mine does, and I use 93/94 octane gasoline. In this case, going to a higher octane should stop the pinging and allow the full base spark timing, and thus get slightly more power.

I dont know about you, but the church fuel around here is like $8 a gallon!!! no thanks lol

Back