What did you do to your LS today?

so checking out my VIN on this site:
http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

reveals this - what is "outstanding field service actions"?

Outstanding Field Service Actions
07M07 - EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE ON IGNITION COIL ASSEMBLIES AND ENGINE VALVE COVER GA SKETS
07N09 - EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE ON IGNITION COIL COVERS AND WIPER MOTOR BRACKET SEAL

Things that apply to your car, should you need them, if you have less than 100K miles and less than 10 years since first sell. These two extended warranty items have been talked a lot about in this forum.

yea, i'm familiar with the issues themselves, just didn't know if those items were things i could just take in and have them do, or if i would need some sort of fault happening with the car.

sorry for putting this here, i just didn't want to start another thread.

Replaced my cracked console arm rest.

Up next:
- Brake master cylinder
- Passenger front window regulator

yea, i'm familiar with the issues themselves, just didn't know if those items were things i could just take in and have them do, or if i would need some sort of fault happening with the car.

sorry for putting this here, i just didn't want to start another thread.

Yes, they have to be able to find at least one bad coil or you will be charged the diagnostic charge.

Nice work BigRig. Looks like Gen1 has a better heatshield design than Gen2.

I had it up for sale, had a buyer then I bailed. My plan was to find a cheap Mark VII or VIII, but everything I saw cheap was a load, so I just kept it for now.

good luck, finding good marks is getting harder and harder to come by.

I've really been wanting to build a terminator car and can't stand how cheap SN-95 ponies look and feel on the inside, so I figured a VIII would be the easiest project to go that route. round here anyways, any marks found are all rusted out or have way too many problems to fix *cough*cough*every part of the air ride*cough.

Drove to El Paso..... About 755 miles. So far averaging just over 23mpg with the cruise set at 85, loaded trunk and going over a mountain (only ~4100'). Not bad, IMHO!!!!

El Paso huh? Where are you headin'? The next stretch (after El Paso) is a long, boring drive. Nearly 10 hours before any city of size. I think the sign outside of El Paso says: Beaumont 580 miles....which is the other side of Texas. Never made that drive in my LS, but maybe one day.

El Paso huh? Where are you headin'? The next stretch (after El Paso) is a long, boring drive. Nearly 10 hours before any city of size. I think the sign outside of El Paso says: Beaumont 580 miles....which is the other side of Texas. Never made that drive in my LS, but maybe one day.

Arlington, 600ish miles away..... This is the second time I've done it; relatives..... Gotta love the 80mph speed "limit"!!!!!!

grown ass men that don't own ANY tools...

Uhh... umm... this is an impossible concept to me, and I can even see the liberal point of view for about 3/8 of a second before common sense kicks in... actually, reading this is making my head hurt... I think I'm having a stroke because this is... umm... how can... how... wtf... umm... how can... I'm sorry, I have to end this post...

good luck, finding good marks is getting harder and harder to come by.

I've really been wanting to build a terminator car and can't stand how cheap SN-95 ponies look and feel on the inside, so I figured a VIII would be the easiest project to go that route. round here anyways, any marks found are all rusted out or have way too many problems to fix *cough*cough*every part of the air ride*cough.

they exist. you need to put in the research time, but they exist. a 37k mile first gen just popped up on craigslist recently.

Forgot to upload the pics.

DSC02137_zpscca66db9.jpg

DSC02138_zps49668ba8.jpg

I think I'm going to do this to all the plastic fittings as they fail. The hoses I can get anywhere.

Actually yesterday, but 'ya gotta love Texas.......

Texas.jpg

AND 23.5mpg!!!!!

Texas.jpg

they exist. you need to put in the research time, but they exist. a 37k mile first gen just popped up on craigslist recently.

well I won't say that they are impossible to find...

there were two 98's near me a little while ago that had under 50k, but one wanted a little over $20k and the other was a LSC for $26K!!! those people can go kick rocks i'm sorry no VIII is still worth that much (well all OEM...)

bravo sir!

I grew up with a few guys that never learned those lessons... its a sad day, when there are grown ass men who call somebody because they needed a flat tire changed out.
How do you think I feel being a black man and having everyone ASSUME I don't know how to work on my car. If I can get the tools to do the job, I can do it. I only have problems with electrical stuff. I have to do my work at night or on cloudy days because i can't deal with the heat due to Multiple Sclerosis. I will not let any dealership touch my car anymore. Unfortunately we Brotha's have a stigma attached to us about not taking care of cars. The issue is not all about ability. Lots of times it's about priorities. I've seen many cars riding on two doughnuts. I've seen Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Jaguar (red steel wheel) cars driven by the common Ghettotard that didn't have their priorities straight. They just have to get out there and roll through the hood so all the homies can see.

well I won't say that they are impossible to find...

there were two 98's near me a little while ago that had under 50k, but one wanted a little over $20k and the other was a LSC for $26K!!! those people can go kick rocks i'm sorry no VIII is still worth that much (well all OEM...)

yeah no, they can in fact kick rocks.
the 37k car is listed for 10,900.
the sellers in your area need to lay off the drugs.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4539941771.html

Forgot to upload the pics.

DSC02137_zpscca66db9.jpg

DSC02138_zps49668ba8.jpg

I think I'm going to do this to all the plastic fittings as they fail. The hoses I can get anywhere.

Nice!

Mine failed last July and I have had the old one waiting for me to take it in and get a metal one made... like you have now done. Sadly I did not have the time to wait for one to be made so I paid $100 locally for a new factory plastic part.

Good job, nice permanent fix! :Beer

You probably were being passed if you were going 95! There is a toll road in Austin that is posted as 80 mph.

The section of the 80 east of El Paso and onto the 20 for quite a while has an 80mph "limit"......

Members online

No members online now.
Back