Official LS Picture Thread

Just a quick shot i took today at the park with my kid. Hate the plate on the dash, but after 15 years of never using a plate I finally got a ticket last night, ugh.

rsz_0614141845.jpg

rsz_0614141845.jpg

LS Marley-Can you tell me more about your shift kit? I was interested in what it does, how much it costs and what it takes to put one in? I noticed you replaced the solenoid-was there a reason you did that if it wasn't broken? Thanks

It's a good idea to AAA....lol, comes in mighty handy sometimes and it doesn't cost that much.

Should be flat-bedded only!!! There is no steering wheel lock and I'll bet he scrapped the crap out of your front bumper. Could easily break the rear also!!!!!

yeah... kinda a long day, but no scrapes (he as good with it), steering was locked with the seatbelt. Not ideal, but she got home safely.

Said it was shipped today... hopefully by Wednesday, then we'll just see how our schedules work out...Thanks

OK, I give, what's with all that leakage under that disabled LS ... someone peeing in the parking lot ???

@rick1 it's a transgo shift kit, basically it firms the shifts and strengthens the trans. I changed the solenoid because my car is at 217k and done guys in the forum told me to change it while its exposed to avoid changing it in the future

"strengthens the trans" .... I wouldn't exactly say it strengthens it any, if anything it may be a little harder on it. Firms up the shifts for sure, to the point she'll squawk/chirp when jumping into the next gear set during WOT.

Perhaps we could agree that it strengthens the shifts, but IMO I can't agree to the fact that it makes the tranny any stronger.

~ I might be wrong.

There you go.

was leaning towards it's strength as in possibly not lasting longer.

although I see BIGRIGS point... user thinks tranny is bulletproof... beats the sh!t out of it... fails sooner (possibly).

The person who asked for the info on the transgo kit doesn't deserve the correct info. His behavior and attitude on this forum prove that. I wish he'd just leave.

Well I don't think it's bullet proof lol, just thought it helps the shifts some, I can see how it wears it out more. it's ok I got something planned to replace that.

Well I don't think it's bullet proof lol, just thought it helps the shifts some, I can see how it wears it out more. it's ok I got something planned to replace that.

But will it play well with the PCM?????

Haven't had any issues so far n my car isn't tuned. But I don't go around flooring it either ..well not yet
I hammer on mine quite a bit. I had my cousin come down and program the trans for me. Now, I can feel it shift from high to low and back when in manual mode. I think it really helps. It feels funky in auto sometimes though and I really have to go deep in the pedal to kick down at above 60mph but, I don't mind that. City fuel mileage is way better. It is still soft enough to cruise and not feel it shift though.

Finally had the chance to get the new wheels and tires on...
Now just need to install the Eibachs

BD16B453-F3B6-4387-A71B-AEF5BD09550B_zpsfvnssrmd.gif

Members online

No members online now.
Back