please anwser this Question fast, what kind of battary would i need

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I need a battary for my Mark VIII and my conti, which battary do they need? or any battary will work.

just go to the auto parts store tell them all the info for the car they should no i would get a higher cold cranking amps thoe i beleive i have a 800 cca in mine allso get one with a good warranty on it too

The most reasonably priced battery that I have found for the Lincoln Mark VIII is sold at Wal-Mart and is yellow and black. Sorry, but I can't recall the name off the top of my head.

414Boy said:
The most reasonably priced battery that I have found for the Lincoln Mark VIII is sold at Wal-Mart and is yellow and black. Sorry, but I can't recall the name off the top of my head.
Yeah thats the one I got, it was for $79.00. I think the name is everstart or something like that. I when to pakistan this past month, so the car sat there for a month. It wouldn't start so I had to get some kind of battary.

oh never mind it was for $62.(I wasn't there when they bought it)and does it really matter what kind of battary I buy since i live in Florida and there is no problem of cold weather here?

mark0101 said:
oh never mind it was for $62.(I wasn't there when they bought it)and does it really matter what kind of battary I buy since i live in Florida and there is no problem of cold weather here?

Cold weather or not that battery should keep you smiling.

Everstart.... no problems.

Waiting 2-3 days for oem coils now.. image.jpg

image.jpg

Damn I asked some dumb questions. I am a little less dumb now lol.

Optima is the way to go, otherwise same answer as above. Die Hard or Interstate! I have a Die Hard in my Mark VIII. I have a cheaper battery from Advanced Auto that so far has been great but their warranty requires you to keep the receipt & the ink on their receipts "conveniently" disappear within the first 12 months leaving you with a blank strip of paper.

I bought a Sears Platinum 930 CCA, AGM about 3 years ago and it still tests over 1200+ CCA a day after being charged in most temps. It was expensive, I think around $220, but you really need a good battery and alternator for these power-hungry whores. Mine sits a lot, so I periodically charge it @ 2 amps. I have a 1500 watt sub, so I am trying to make myself deaf.

That is why I photo copy all receipts that are for anything to do with a warranty.

I took a photocopy once to Advanced Auto Parts & the guy told me it's not valid. Said if they allowed that, then all the clients could clone one reciept & it would be major chaos. I told him about the disappearing ink issue & he smiled. Said there's nothing he could do. BASTARDS!

Members online

No members online now.
Back