No Fuel or Spark

Tric

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've done some searching and looked through the stickies at the top of the page and Iam still at a loss. I'm hoping to not have to tow it to a dealer, because the closest one is ten miles away.

I adopted a 2001 LS v6. It was originally parked about eight months ago, because it was missing on one of the cylinders. The battery had been taken out to use in another car. I was figuring on cop and plug replacement. Installed a brand new battery and tried to turn it over the fuel pump doesn't even prime. I've checked the fuses and the shutoff switch. All the fuses are good, and the reset switch didn't help. Had it towed to a local mechanic that was recommended to me. He double checked the fuses and pulled the fuel pump and tested it outside of the car and it seems to work fine. It's just not getting any power from the car. He tried to get it to fire using a little starter fluid, and it doesn't seem to be getting any spark. Any ideas? If I can save myself the cost of a tow to the dealer I would be super happy. Any insight you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, I've done some searching and looked through the stickies at the top of the page and Iam still at a loss. I'm hoping to not have to tow it to a dealer, because the closest one is ten miles away.

I adopted a 2001 LS v6. It was originally parked about eight months ago, because it was missing on one of the cylinders. The battery had been taken out to use in another car. I was figuring on cop and plug replacement. Installed a brand new battery and tried to turn it over the fuel pump doesn't even prime. I've checked the fuses and the shutoff switch. All the fuses are good, and the reset switch didn't help. Had it towed to a local mechanic that was recommended to me. He double checked the fuses and pulled the fuel pump and tested it outside of the car and it seems to work fine. It's just not getting any power from the car. He tried to get it to fire using a little starter fluid, and it doesn't seem to be getting any spark. Any ideas? If I can save myself the cost of a tow to the dealer I would be super happy. Any insight you might have would be greatly appreciated.

What is the PATS light doing?

I'll try to stop by on my way to work tomorrow and check.

if it turns over, then its not a PATS issue.

and the fuel pump should prime on ignition even if the PATS light was blinking when tried to start indicating a problem.

also, if its at a mechanics now, why would it need to be towed to a dealer? if that mechanic can't troubleshoot a no start issue, probably a good clue that the car should have never been taken to there in the first place. (not saying that it is your fault for taking it there as it was recommended, but worth noting not to take it back there again)

Make sure the fuse your mechanic checked is in the trunk of the car, that's where the fuse for the fuel pump is located.

Some PATS vehicles will still turn over but will not start. Observe the PATS light and let me know what its doing.

Some PATS vehicles will still turn over but will not start...

Generally, from what I've seen, the LS isn't one of them. Still, it doesn't hurt at all to check it. I'd also check the SSP relays and verify that the REM is getting power. If all that's good, then check the data bus.

Well I gave in and took the LS to a dealer. She needs a new fuel pump and new coils.

Well, just a quick update. She has fuel again. She's running pretty rough, dried and cracked vacuum lines. So that is the next item on the list, then I'm hoping it's just COPs and plugs after that to have her ready for the road.

Members online

Back