help 40amp fuses keeps blowing out for electrical fan

87vodka

LVC Member
Reaction score
so my 40amp fuse for the electrical fan on the radiator keeps blowing out causing the car to over heat since fan wont turn on. the fan blades will turn a little bit by hand like 3 turns and then thats it after those 3 turns the blades locks up. wondering if its it the fan it self or the motor on the fan or both.? dont want to waste money if not needed. thanks for the help.

I had the same problem, very simple, replace the motor or just get an assembly from the wreckers and change it. Bearings are done and it is drawing too much amperage blowing the fuses.

any one know how to remove the motor some pics or vids would help out alot ..

Not trying to block a sale, just giving options.

There are several Mark fans on craigslist in the Orlando area...

Its ok. I don't care if I sell one or not. It may be better for him to get one off ebay. Im about 3 hours away

Oh ok. Just didn't want to come off as if I was trying to stop him from buying from you. I saw like 2 different people on CL Orlando selling Mark Viii fans.

My Great 8, this is the owner of my old car. I am curious if the fan motor is shot and its drawing too much amperage. If you need to, unless you have another means to get it repaired, you could swing by here and throw me a couple bucks to swap it out for you.

ive been busy with work lately that i havent even got a chance to shop around or get to it. i might have wedesnday off. but with the fan not working dan you are to far away from where i am. the car will over heat.
My Great 8, this is the owner of my old car. I am curious if the fan motor is shot and its drawing too much amperage. If you need to, unless you have another means to get it repaired, you could swing by here and throw me a couple bucks to swap it out for you.

A month or so before I sold the car, I had to replace the VCRM because the fan and a/c compressor wouldn't fire up.

Members online

Back