2005 LS Audio Up Grade - Suggestions?

Eurythmian

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have had the standard factory 6CD in dash radio now since the car was new. After pricing new cars I've decided to keep my LS a little longer and do some updates starting with the Audio system. I figured that would make me feel like I'm in a new car. I have no clue what I should do. Any suggestions? I don't want to shake the panels off the car or rattle the windows of the houses I drive by... just would like a new stereo with a large screen and able to attach the iPod for my music library.

Thank in advance for any help?

soundqubed.com for the amps/woofers/components. I've heard some good things about Skar, but I haven't personally listened to them.

Whatever double din unit you buy, just make sure it's bluetooth capable for the ipod/iphone. I'd personally buy a unit with included navigation. sonicelectronix normally has decent prices.

I should also say, I've only bought Kenwood Excelon double din units.

I'm a big fan of Pioneers AVH models (without navigation)

the interface looks real smooth, the units function well and are pretty darn reliable.

for instance, I have the 3500bhs (the 2014 model is the AVH-X3600bhs), this has a 6" touch screen with DVD/CD, BT, AM and FM, pandora radio, and has provisions for hooking up SiriusXM. the reason I like this one better than any of the models above it, is because it has a smaller screen which leaves room for buttons on the side and a disc slot and DOES NOT have a moving face which will sooner or later wear out. if you want a bigger screen, there are a couple of models above it with a 7" screen but they have a moving face to reveal the disc slot hidden behind the face.

having BT audio makes using the phone for a sound source AND navigation easy and fairly cheap, but if you want full navigation, I would look at either a pioneer AVIC or a Kenwood DNX model

that would be where I would start...

then if you want more or better sound after that, I would look into getting a 5 channel amp to better drive the speakers and also drive a real subwoofer (doesn't have to be window rattling, but does make a huge difference in how it sounds) and then maybe a couple of pairs of really good speakers to finish it off

Members online

Back