2001 Lincoln LS V8 LadyNewbie STUPID LS

Queenie Love

LVC Member
Reaction score
Put a new lower radiator hose on my car due to a hole being on the rubber part after about 45 min of removing air out of the system...still no hot air....followed exact...bleeding procedure..the car started overheating...I took my jug of water and poured it on the radiator and it cooled down instantly...what else could it be the upper radiator hose is fine and so is the upper plastic piece...radiator seems fine.. I'm lost ..help

how fast is the fan spinning?

(the correct answer should be full blast...)

With the degas bottle cap off and a heavy cloth, keep squeezing upper hose until all air is out while running.

You can keep playing around with the bleeding, but the answer to 1LoudLS's question is more likely to get you there...

Big balla I will bleed it again and I will do the squeeze also msgtusmc these air pockets are killing me

Why would me pouring water on the radiator bring the car back down to regular temp so quickly it was like 3.5 secs and it was to temp

Because your electric fan is not moving enough air through it.

this would be my guess, if cooling the radiator (what the fan is supposed to be doing) with water solved the symptom, then it only makes sense that the fan is not doing its job.

are you sure that you used a powerful enough fan? maybe even if spinning full speed, it is not flowing enough air through the radiator to properly cool the coolant enough.

Purchased the suggested fan that another suggested from this site well guess I may try to add another fan grrr....I should be got the 2 slim 12 fans

This is what I bought. 2150 cfm

Screenshot_2014-06-06-14-24-06.jpg

Which way should the fan be spinning...it's on the inside facing outward should it be pushing or pulling and which way is which...

Which way should the fan be spinning...it's on the inside facing outward should it be pushing or pulling and which way is which...

Air in through the grill and blowing out over the engine.
If you have the fan between the radiator and the engine, you need a "puller."
If you put a fan between the grill and the radiator, you would need a "pusher."

Ok so puller it is they said this fan was reversible I think I'm just going to get a new fan bc I don't think the cfm is what they said

Members online

Back