New illinois emmisions testing

What did they change?

The last 2 times (Most recently last Oct) I've taken it in to Midas(?) they just check the computer and let me be on my way.

There are certain places you can take your car to that can do the testing w/o having to go to the actual "Testing station". Only thing is that you have to make an appt, theres a number on the sheet I think, if not check the website. Usually a couple days notice before you can bring it in. I take it to the one on 45 and Townline. In my experience... Park, go in and tell them your here for emmisions testing, they bring the car in and plug it up, give you your sheet and then send you on your way. Takes about 15 minutes total.

The closet Testing stations to me were either Lincolnshire or Waukegan so I find it easier to just hit this place up on the way home from work.

What are the new rules?

The new rules are a PIA if you have MODs that required you to turn off some of the emission systems such EGR, Secondary Air, rear O2's. If you did mods like headers, cobra manifolds, cat deletes, etc you may have these systems turned off in the tune to pass emissions and not throw trouble codes. These systems now must be turned on your tune.

I am so glad we don't have to deal with this in the rest of the state.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

The title of this thread should be "New chicago emissions testing"

57,918 square miles and the Chicago area only takes up 10,000 of them.

Yeah it sucks! I have to undo the exhaust mods I did. Trying to track down a passenger side CAT that has not been chopped up.

20140601_165935_zpseedd9155.jpg

This one? Name your price

Yeah it sucks! I have to undo the exhaust mods I did. Trying to track down a passenger side CAT that has not been chopped up.

hey how often to you drive your mark? how many miles/year? There's different value based "show car" insurance policies that allow a certain mileage per year where you are completly EXEMPT from emissions. Usually it's cheaper than whatever insurance you already have (depending on what company you have) theres no need to turn insurance off in the winter, you and the insurance company agree on a value which can also include different modifications that have been done that may increase the cost of replacement should you get into an accident. A friend of mine with a 2000 T/A with a cam, headers, full exhaust (no cats) tune etc.. has this type of insurance and is exempt from emissions. I'd look into it if you don't drive your car all that often. On a side note..thank god I just so happened to buy a 95 obd 1 car..no emission testing for me..ever :D

You have to demonstrate multiple years of low miles. I may be able to do that after the last 2 years. It is a low QTY, like 3000-5000 miles. I looke dinto 2 years ago but I did not have the records yet to prove it. I may just go Gen 1.

High flow CATs would work fine. The problem is you also need to have the EGR and Secondary air hooked up. That is pretty difficult with the Cobra Manifolds. Only way to getthat stuf fon is with stock manifolds.

High flow CATs would work fine. The problem is you also need to have the EGR and Secondary air hooked up. That is pretty difficult with the Cobra Manifolds. Only way to getthat stuf fon is with stock manifolds.

how does that work? What if you just bought the car? There's different companies..I'll ask my friend which one he went with, but for him it ended up being much cheaper than state farm, and now his car is insured for a guaranteed $20K. I believe they also have different mileage limits to choose from.

I might be able to get this fixed with a tune and some rear O2's. Won't know for 2 weeks. Need to apply for a state 3 month extension.

Members online

Back