mpg's

I've seen 30 mpg a few times with my 94 green gen 1. Perfect expressway conditions, long trips, cruise control set around 70-78 depending on speed limits.

zzzfuel1.JPG

zzzfuel2.JPG

Holy crap! :eek: I've never seen that kind of range on any of my Marks! The best I usually get when I fill up is 350+/- miles to empty. If I'm lucky. I rarely reset my average mpg. But I do love to watch the instant mpg go to 99 when I'm coasting at 60mph in OD going down hill :D

I'm only squeaking by with a bad 17 avg - but, I'm driving in constant stop and go traffic (and a lot of time at stop lights) - my 5 mile (one way) commute takes me a good 15-20 minutes in the afternoons due to the city having no clue about how to properly time streetlights.

On all highway runs, I've run 23-24 (significant elevation gains, and I wasn't gently going up the hills) but, I've never had a good long drive on just mostly flat driving yet.

I was getting 16 mpg's with my '93 with mostly mix city and freeway. Hope to find out soon what I get with my '96 LSC. Just from the drive back after picking it up I think it is safe to say that I will do better than 16.

Getting 28.5 hwy in the 96 LSC. Got around 24 hwy in my 94 with 4:10's. Only run 93 in mine

Mine gets 94 all the time. We have the Chevron Premium here at that octane and pure gasoline as well. All the rest have corn in them.

Getting 28.5 hwy in the 96 LSC. Got around 24 hwy in my 94 with 4:10's. Only run 93 in mine

I don't see how thats possible unless you never got above 60mph
With 3:73s I get 20mpg at 75mph.. Debating making a trailer just to carry another fuel tank in

With 3:73s I get 20mpg at 75mph.. Debating making a trailer just to carry another fuel tank in

Thats cruising (not romping on it, not blowing by cars, not racing) along at 60-65mph on the 2 lane highways around my house. I don't do a whole lot of interstate driving in my cars, but when I do that number will start to drop once i start cruising at 70-85 on the interstate, the faster I go, the more it drops

Now, now guys. We have way more in common than divided experiences with mileage. My first gen 95 would do 28 on the road and average 21 in all driving. My 98 is 24 road and 16 city, which is right in spec if memory serves. We all know outliers who get 32 and leadfoots who get 10. That's what math and median is for. Now, shake hands and agree to disagree.

Now, now guys. We have way more in common than divided experiences with mileage. My first gen 95 would do 28 on the road and average 21 in all driving. My 98 is 24 road and 16 city, which is right in spec if memory serves. We all know outliers who get 32 and leadfoots who get 10. That's what math and median is for. Now, shake hands and agree to disagree.

What did you just call me?

:F

Spree.. If you're getting 30+ mpg on the freeway.. You'd be the only one ever in a MarkVIII to get that kind of milage. My car will never see that because I have 3:73s

I had a 93 base as my first mark and I took it from Houston to San Antonio several times/did the numbers too. It got 33mpg. My second mark when it was running well got 28-30 on the highway. My 3rd mark however is being a bit of a dog. Did everything except delete 2 cylinders and it gets at best 24mpg on highway.

I completely believe him. I've had 2 marks that say he is telling the truth.

It's pre-painted. :-D. Hope you took everything that was new off that car. There was A LOT of new parts. :-(

I had a 93 base as my first mark and I took it from Houston to San Antonio several times/did the numbers too. It got 33mpg. My second mark when it was running well got 28-30 on the highway. My 3rd mark however is being a bit of a dog. Did everything except delete 2 cylinders and it gets at best 24mpg on highway.

I completely believe him. I've had 2 marks that say he is telling the truth.

Again...

On 87 octane?

Again...

On 87 octane?

I had a 95 base with 115k that would get 28-30mpg (year round) at 60 mpg on two lane roads with driving through small towns at 30mph on my commute. It was a 110 mile round trip. I only ran 87 octane with 10% corn in it, I tried 91, but only saw a .6 mpg improvement. Was not worth the extra coin. Man I miss that car.

Oh my mpg was done on the old trusty calculator.

That's it, 87 is going in next fill to see what she gets. I believe none of you.

Went on a 200 mile ride today. (round trip)
Filled up with 87. Reset MPG and trip set. Miles to empty was at 441.
Cruise set at 75, 1800 RPM's, moon roof wide open, windows up, ac not on.

She purrs like a kitten! I love this car!! :)

MPG (1).jpg

MPG (2).jpg

MPG (3).jpg

MPG (4).jpg

MPG (5).jpg

now go to a gas station and fill it up again to calculate the true mileage.

Members online

No members online now.
Back