I somehow got my hands on a ls unicorn.... -_-

bl_rdrgz

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well guys. I have recently been looking at getting a bike rack for my lincoln. I ride a lot and didn't want to get a rack for my mustang. So I went on a hunt. On a hunt that led me to New York. Looking everywhere for an oem bike rack. I ordered what I though to be the roof rack. Turned out to be just the basket. So started again. Almost gave up when I decided to google "yakima q30 lincoln ls" q30 apparently are close to the ones offered for the car. Well then came up a craigslist ad. This man had a set of "QLS" q clips. So I contacted him. He had never mounted them and was willing to ship. So I paypaled him he sent the clips out when they arrived I was stumped. I thought I was getting just the clips. Not a hardware kit as well. And sum sort of tool. So now I was in a search for instructions! Well I found nothing... So I have a buddy who is selling a yakima rack so I go over there and he knew what that tool was! A threaded rivet tool!! Well got it all figured out. So I got to work. And well. Things didn't go great. I broke the tool. So I had to go to northern tool to purchase an actual gun for this. Then it was smooth sailing. So all in all I'm please. These are pics right after the install.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

So the rack is a permanent fixture???? That is, without removing the screwed-in bracket???

Nope not permanent. The whole bracket can easily be removed. The threaded rivets came with o-rings to deal them to the body. And are Capped at the end so they are completely sealed. Then with the bracket removed they are hidden under the weather stripping.

That is the factory option that was available for the LS. I looked at one once but could not get past the idea of drilling holes in the roof door jam. But, yes do show pics with the bike on top.

Members online

No members online now.
Back