Car Will Not Stop Overheating..

ive run across several people that have gotten rid of them because of this. also had a tech from ford garage say 90% of these that overheat have cracks in the heads that causes it. glad yours wasnt junk like this one lol.

Really????? So 261,000 (90% of the total 290,000ish made) LSes have cracked aluminum heads?????

I don't remember your year, but if the pump for the hydraulic fan is failing and not allowing it to spin on high (apparently, usually the actuator), the car will overheat. Been there, done that, have the T-Shirt.

I have a 2002 v8 and the only time I have seen it overheat was when I first bought and the A/C was on about 3 years ago which led me to this forum, and it turned out to be the fan. That's why I said checked the fan. Based on all the problems I have read on just this site alone that date back to production years, then yes the LS is a money pit, I know a young guy where I live his been over heating on him. And the first thing I said to was plain and simple, these cars have a draw back being it was problematic from the engineering stages all the way through the production stage and years.

Why would you dog it out then complain about the problems that's showing up. He laughed and stated yea I do be running it. My advice to him was trade it in and get something else cause he is clear about to be fighting it for ever trying to get it back half way decent.

Then I told I just turned over 200 thousand miles on mines and yes it has it's quirks but not as many as he is having.

I had a small hole in my lower radiator hose that caused overheating...Whenever i bleed my engine justtt to make sure i lift the front just a tad it helps with those air pockets

Funny how the S-Type doesn't seem to have the same problem.........

Like I've said before, no cooling issues with the 4 LSes (and a total of over 380K miles) we have/had.....

I've only ever heard of two with verified head/head-gasket problems. I've heard of a whole lot that were misdiagnosed by "mechanics" that didn't know what they were doing. There are simple hydrocarbon tests that can be done to completely rule out this cracked head nonsense, but what do I know?

i didnt say 90% OF THESE CARS i said 90% of these cars with the constant overheating problem. ive replaced EVERY component of the cooling system minus the heads, ive bled it, blah blah.. since youre so knowledgeable why dont you come fix this lemon lol ;-) ive had plenty of issues with this car, mostly computer related. the windows dont roll up properly about half the time, transmission was shot at 80k, seat airbag blew out on its own while driving down the road and almost got my wife killed, and every part of the cooling system has failed, literally every single thing. these were poorly designed, overly complicated, and poorly manufactured.. now since its dead in the water i get to decide to swap a sbf or just send it to the scrap yard.

i didnt say 90% OF THESE CARS i said 90% of these cars with the constant overheating problem. ive replaced EVERY component of the cooling system minus the heads, ive bled it, blah blah.. since youre so knowledgeable why dont you come fix this lemon lol ;-) ive had plenty of issues with this car, mostly computer related. the windows dont roll up properly about half the time, transmission was shot at 80k, seat airbag blew out on its own while driving down the road and almost got my wife killed, and every part of the cooling system has failed, literally every single thing. these were poorly designed, overly complicated, and poorly manufactured.. now since its dead in the water i get to decide to swap a sbf or just send it to the scrap yard.

Sell it, if you have to take it to a technician for repairs, you will soon go broke.

You might need to sell it and get a Camry or a corolla.

Or set fire to it and watch it burn while enjoying a cold corona

The funny part about this thread is your going to sell it to someone then they going to tell you they fixed the over heating after you have spent the grand you possibly sold it for they gone say it was a loose factory hose clamp, and they found a worm clamp on one of the kids bike put it on and no more over heat.

LOL blueberry.. yeah ive replaced every single part of the cooling system other than heads and im certainly not doing that. yeah i could drive around with no hood like the ricers do to show off their chrome cold air intake and color plug wires LOL. i always do pop the hood and leave it "latched" when it overheats just to let a little extra air in, prob doesnt make that big of a difference. we are gonna do a pressure test with the heads/cooling system and see if its cracked heads or possibly a head gasket (it doesnt smoke and havent seen coolant in oil though). im not spending any more money on it thats for sure. i still may put a sbf in it, but that also costs money, prob less than i would LOSE selling or scrapping it though. i appreciate everyones input, even the smart asses cause its funny lol. i love this car but just cant keep doing this any longer unless i swap the whole drive train out and make it muscle.

LOL blueberry.. yeah ive replaced every single part of the cooling system other than heads and im certainly not doing that. yeah i could drive around with no hood like the ricers do to show off their chrome cold air intake and color plug wires LOL. i always do pop the hood and leave it "latched" when it overheats just to let a little extra air in, prob doesnt make that big of a difference. we are gonna do a pressure test with the heads/cooling system and see if its cracked heads or possibly a head gasket (it doesnt smoke and havent seen coolant in oil though). im not spending any more money on it thats for sure. i still may put a sbf in it, but that also costs money, prob less than i would LOSE selling or scrapping it though. i appreciate everyones input, even the smart asses cause its funny lol. i love this car but just cant keep doing this any longer unless i swap the whole drive train out and make it muscle.

Can we get updated on the problem did you get it fixed or throw the towel in

that thing has been parked for weeks now. got sick of burning money for nothing. just gonna sell it, been looking at a couple SCed sn95s, prob gonna jump in one of those. this thing has been a piece of junk from the start and im sick of it.

Members online

Back