just popping in since its been awhile. show my newest ls project

XxbmxlsxX

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I browse here sometimes to see what people are doing still. Some may remember my 5speed manual I put nitrous on back in 2003
PIC_0502.jpg

Here's my new project
IMAG1615_1_zpsgz7qwmnx.jpg

IMAG1609_1_zpsxsbzeerx.jpg

Ive been working on stretching the rear fenders to fit these 19x9.5's and rebuilding the 5 liter coyote motor for this car. I have a 6speed tremec tr6060 already but hoping to get ahold of a 6r80 auto. Im finishing up my mustang now so when's it's back on the road I'll really start updating this.

Welcome back. Does your current ls run? What kind of wheels are they? Offset?

Very curious on how your stretching the rear fenders (same as pulling ie. Stanced?) As the rear fender and door jam go straight down and don't curve around like most doors...
Very cool project.

Welcome back to the LS world, bro.

Your LS is still alive through my spoiler.

I bought the car not running. Was told it jumped time. Don't really care since I have the coyote motor and trans sitting here. The door jamb if you remove the weathestripping when its open is actually pretty easy to modify. I removed the fender liner and cut a small relief in the jamb. I've been using a heatgun and pretty much anything laying around to stretch it. Can be done easily without hurting paint(except the relief cut, but that's in the jamb anyway) im going a bit more aggressive so I'm mot worried about doin body work. Pushed her out, threw a chin spoiler on and cleaned up a bit.
IMAG1637_1_zpsdw0ox6x3.jpg

Wheels I got used from a jaguar dealership. They're tsw zolder 19x8 et32 and 19x9.5 et35. I had some p zero Nero 255/40 and 275/40 sitting here so put them on for now. I figured I've got to get the rear wide enough for the 305 Mickey thomspson I use on my mustang.
IMAG1640_1_zpslwmasyvh.jpg

side shot i took yesterday in different light. i know a smaller tire would be cool but these are the sizes that come factory on newer cars so wanted to try to use them. The ride quality and performance should be outstanding. This is with stock suspension with about 1.5-1.75 coils cut front and rear. Im either going to run the coilovers or air just not to that yet since I'm still doing other projects.
IMAG1647_zpswqjqyfxe.jpg

NIce, I like that color. How about a rear shot showing those 275's?

Members online

Back