New Exhaust on its way, now decision time on tips!

MaddShadez

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Between my previous Mark VIII and this LS i've had nearly 7 years now I've always wanted an exhaust, but it was always a...(sorry about this) pipe dream for me. I finally decided this was going to be the year I really put work into the LS and therefore I found what I hope to be my exhaust. I'm going with the Dynomax 17553 Ultra Flo X. It's a dual in dual out with a built in X pipe. I'm replacing everything from the false third cat back, put the muffler where the resonators are, and straight 2.5" pipe the rest of the way. The main reason was this method is super cheap, i got the muffler for $108 and a shop to install it all for $180. I looked hard at the Bassani's, but they are out of my price range for now. (Sorry BigRig!)

My debate now is tips. I think i like the slanted style better than straight cut with the way the bumper flows, but i thought I would ask your opinions. Here are the ones I'm considering now, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/svr-tk7865c/overview. Nice and cheap, but still double-walled.

So what do you think, slanted or straight tips?

rolled straight 4 inch tips is my vote , they fill in the gap nicely and look aggresive as fck

some of my favorite sounding LSs were from mid muffler systems, make sure they hang it as close to the car as possible, without banging into anything and watch speed bumps...

yeah, I was gonna say, I though a couple of the guys running mid mufflers eventually changed them because of being lowered...

Stock height. I'd thought about lowering it in the past, but Ohio roads are brutal. My apartment complex itself has potholes 6 inches deep.

Here's a pic of the same muffler on another LS. It looks like its not too much lower than the resonators on there now. I'm not sure how far he tried to tuck his though.

muffler.jpg

Here's a shot of how my stocker looks. Looks pretty close

.current exhaust.jpg

muffler.jpg

current exhaust.jpg

actually it looks like its hanging a lot lower, the angle of the camera is not the same, the mid muffler pic looks like it was held a little higher (in your pic, you can clearly see half the bolts that mount the diff, you can't in the first pic...) in the second pic, the resonators look to be about as low as the lower parts of the body off to the sides. in the first picture, the muffler is clearly the lowest thing on that car.

if you're thinking about getting low, I personally wouldn't do a mid muffler, being from Michigan, I can tell you about bad roads... lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back