The hose that runs from the throttle body to the back of the engine

Blueberryyum02

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Title says it all what is it for and where does it lead to. It's on the underside of the throttle has a metal tube connected to a rubber hose t I can see where the one the runs to the front of the motor connects but the rear one I have no clue.

It's to warm your TB so it doesn't freeze. You don't need it. When I pulled my intake manifold off, I jut ran a 1' long 3/8" hose straight from the outlet to the inlet.

My next question is where does the outlet end do it run back up front or is there a place on the back of the motor. It runs to.

Where does this hose lead to and do I have to pull the plenum off if I need to replace it. I have a small amount of coolant sitting on the motor where the sound padding sit. Is there a coolant line underneath there.

Also I thinking I found where I'm loosing pressure.

To recant:

Replaced all coolant plastic in the pass 2 months.

New jag aluminum housing:

The degass bottle was replaced this past Friday.

Which in turn created this new issue of no heat at all.
Went out just a minute ago to look for leaks and found that I have a puddle sitting on the motor, I felt around the bolts of the engine filler where it mounts the engine and it was not soaking wet but you could tell it was some form of moisture there. I think I need to revisit and toque these bolts more, I know I didn't get a good torque on the rear bolts. Cause the wrench I bought wouldn't allow for a good angle to torque them down with out slipping off.
Will update this thread when I get those bolts tighten.

I guess the new bottle brought the pressure up and exposed the fact that it was not as tight as it should to hold the 16 psi. Needed.

On gen II, the hose your are talking about connects near the front of the engine, on top, under the intake manifold. The manifold has to come off to change it. I don't know if it is the same for the gen I.

Members online

No members online now.
Back