Refrigerant change interval

xford

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Lincoln V8 w/ 92k miles. I have changed out the DCCV in the past and everything about the AC system currently working fine. I do had some gurgling noises from the firewall area that I believe is related to the climate control system but that has been the case for years. How often should refrigerant be changed on the LS as preventative maintenance? Since I would rather not mess with this as DIY is it a something a qualified independent shop can do or is it worth taking to the dealer?

Thanks

There's no schedule on that. The refrigerant doesn't go bad or wear out. It doesn't get changed/replaced. It just very slowly leaks out, and you may (or may not) have to add a can every six or seven years.

I had that noise and after changing degass, hoses and cap it went away. Is yours original. It might be time. Good Luck

There's no schedule on that. The refrigerant doesn't go bad or wear out. It doesn't get changed/replaced. It just very slowly leaks out, and you may (or may not) have to add a can every six or seven years.

Thanks Joegr - since I am pushing 8 plus years I will get some added

I had that noise and after changing degass, hoses and cap it went away. Is yours original. It might be time. Good Luck

Yes mine is original and I considered that it may need to be replaced

Members online

Back