What did you do to your LS today?

If you have the spare cash these are the very best ramps and are very easy to use.

http://www.raceramps.com/

They are sturdy and take most of the fear out of using ramps. The fact that they are modular (sort of like Legos) means you can drive the car up on a set of them, then remove the center sections to make it easy to get under the car to work on say the exhaust.

BTW, my driveway also slants up to the garage so it makes some things easier, like draining fluids or filling the coolant system. You just have to make sure you use wheel chocks to be safe. Since its a circular drive there is a flat section in front of the house which is better for checking fluid levels and other maintenance work.

I got my two (2) Gen I passenger side front strut tower covers XW4Z-3C239-AA today. Group 1 AutoParts had the best price for me with shipping. They installed perfectly on my Gen II - no additional hardware, clips of fasteners needed.

Fixed and replaced all the damn coolant parts, Thank god the nightmare of overheating is over !!! That **** sucks..

That looks great! I might want to add that I covered part of the new hose with fuel line that was split in half and tied on with zip ties. You will see areas that might rub on the lower control arm. It has been almost 8 years and I only replaced 1 piece of rubber hose that wore thru. Hope that helps.

Was working on my car and when I jacked her up, I noticed something funny. I guess my ls wouldn't run cause my engine was missing
:shifty:

IMG_20140512_154429_710_zps434d141c.jpg

I hope you filed a police report..... Wasn't there someone here looking for an engine??? I'd look there first!

wait, you had a lift and took the engine out from the top still?

oh, and who wouldn't love a 5.0 LS? that would be Ford version of a CTS-V!

Fuel filter change is the best thing a person could do to his/her car.
Along with a fresh air intake breather element, one would be in good shape. (plugs & coils when needed)

Amazing the amount of brown mud/gunk that fuel filter collects in a short span. One would think the fuel tanks
are rusting out which is near impossible considering the majority of the fuel holding/delivery system is 'plastic'. (kinda)

Upon fuel filter change, try holding the filter reversed against it flow above a drain pan and observe the brown gunk coming out.

Myself I'm now in the habit of committing to at least an annual fuel filter change. (needed or not) (should prolong fuel pump life as well)

After changing my fuel filter last week, I've noticed a substantial gain in fuel economy. Most notably I've observed much better economy in city driving. Typically I would observe avg fuel economy decreasing in city driving. Since installing the new filter, I am seeing the avg increase in the 17-19 mpg range in city driving. On a regular route I drive I've seen my mpg go from 16 mpg before the new filter to 19-20 mpg after the new filter. Curiously, my DTE was registering 79 miles before the new filter and after a battery disconnect upon filter replacement it registered 101 miles. I thought it may have been a fluke but, after driving for some time, I can see its not. I have, on several occasions, seen my avg increase by 2 tenths at a time. That's never happened before.

Damn Alax, by the time you get back in your LS it's going to be in museums.

Haha, I'm planning on driving the heck out of her when she's back on the road, which will hopefully be in about 2 months.

I hope you filed a police report..... Wasn't there someone here looking for an engine??? I'd look there first!

I hope that was sarcasm haha, I had it taken out. I would've done it but I didn't have the space nor the time.

Yeah I wish, if there was a was to keep the same functionality with just that added engine, it would be getting ready to go in.

wait, you had a lift and took the engine out from the top still?

Don't know how they did it, but I got a call and I just went to go pick it up and dropped it off at another shop to get rebuilt.

oh, and who wouldn't love a 5.0 LS? that would be Ford version of a CTS-V!

Installed Stoptech Stainless steel brake lines from Rockauto (130 shipped) and replaced the front pads with Akebono Euros's that Kumba suggested in the 12.6 inch brakes thread. Rockauto had one set left for $28, as opposed to the nearly $100 everywhere else. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet, too worn out, but I'm thinking about taking the kid to a museum tomorrow so that will brake them in nicely, no pun intended

Installed Stoptech Stainless steel brake lines from Rockauto (130 shipped) and replaced the front pads with Akebono Euros's that Kumba suggested in the 12.6 inch brakes thread. Rockauto had one set left for $28, as opposed to the nearly $100 everywhere else. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet, too worn out, but I'm thinking about taking the kid to a museum tomorrow so that will brake them in nicely, no pun intended

You will be pleased!!!!!

You will be pleased!!!!!

Hey man I hope everything in your neck of the woods is all good despite these fires. Since you're posting I'm assuming it's not just 'ok', but needless to say I'm glad :)

Hey man I hope everything in your neck of the woods is all good despite these fires. Since you're posting I'm assuming it's not just 'ok', but needless to say I'm glad :)

THANKS...... We're survived just fine.... THIS TIME!! Had the wind turned north (like it normally blows up our little valley) we would have been in heap big trouble. We could see the flames from our balcony and my wife got our pictures and a few other things together. The really sad thing is, last I heard, 9 of the 11 fires were arson!!! I sure hope they get that guy!!!!!

After changing my fuel filter last week, I've noticed a substantial gain in fuel economy. Most notably I've observed much better economy in city driving. Typically I would observe avg fuel economy decreasing in city driving. Since installing the new filter, I am seeing the avg increase in the 17-19 mpg range in city driving. On a regular route I drive I've seen my mpg go from 16 mpg before the new filter to 19-20 mpg after the new filter. Curiously, my DTE was registering 79 miles before the new filter and after a battery disconnect upon filter replacement it registered 101 miles. I thought it may have been a fluke but, after driving for some time, I can see its not. I have, on several occasions, seen my avg increase by 2 tenths at a time. That's never happened before.

So, when you take your car to a Ford dealer for an oil change and tell them to replace the fuel filter and when you pick up your car, they tell you that your LS doesn't have an external fuel filter, it's in the tank, they are full of.....

So, when you take your car to a Ford dealer for an oil change and tell them to replace the fuel filter and when you pick up your car, they tell you that your LS doesn't have an external fuel filter, it's in the tank, they are full of.....

....... And should be avoided!!!

THANKS...... We're survived just fine.... THIS TIME!! Had the wind turned north (like it normally blows up our little valley) we would have been in heap big trouble. We could see the flames from our balcony and my wife got our pictures and a few other things together. The really sad thing is, last I heard, 9 of the 11 fires were arson!!! I sure hope they get that guy!!!!!

Yeah that bulls**t that people do that and destroy land and people's lives. I say set them on fire. ...lol

Yep mine was behind the driver side wheel well I belive.

I am afraid of ramps. I'd have to get some super sturdy ones for sure. I am not sure if I can clear the chin on approach so they would have to be long.

I'm afraid of the ones that look like they are made of riveted sheet metal. I have a set of the poly ramps with rubber feet. I've had them for 10-15 years so I don't remember the load rating, but I think they were rated for 10,000lbs. I like to overdo weight ratings on support gear when I'm going to be sliding under something heavy.

When I am getting ready to use them I put the car where I want, line the ramps up in front of the tires, then give them a kick on the backside to wedge them under the tire a bit. They don't slide that way, even on smooth finished concrete. They also have enough of a slope that I've not had any problems with scraping my LS, although it's pretty close.

If mine were lowered, I'd get a 2x8 and cut it so that it extended the ramp a bit more. The car mount side would be angle cut, and the ramp mount side would be angle cut to fit on the ramp, and have a couple of holes drilled with holes drilled in the ramp so as to pin the wood to the ramps when in use while allowing a simple assembly/disassembly.

After changing my fuel filter last week, I've noticed a substantial gain in fuel economy...

There you go, didn't think I was telling you a fib now did ya?

Glad it all worked out, it's much better with a fresh fuel filter in there, so many folks driving around with their stock filter and bitchin' about poor mileage.

Just think about the poor fuel pump over exerting itself to provide the correct amount of pressure to the intake on demand.

Did you by chance, hold it reversed flow and observed the brown muck coming out ? Nasty isn't it!

PS: now lose the spare wheel in the trunk, add a couple of ounces of acetone on the next fill up and go hypermiling. j/k LOL

Members online

No members online now.
Back