Notice to anyone who has purchased from Tasca Parts lately

MaddShadez

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've had 2 credit cards spoofed in the last few weeks and I couldn't figure out how they got my info, but Tasca just posted on their site that their credit card processing service was hacked. If you've purchased from them in the last few months take a careful look at your statements!

I purchased some stuff from tasca recently using each of my bank check cards as well. Both had fraudulent charges shortly after.

Yup same here. Just this morning while checking online banking, I came across a small charge for $2.22 from STEAMPOWERED.COM SEATTLE WA.
which I did not authorize. Last week there was a small amount from another company attempting to run a pending transaction through but it did not go.

CC card has been shut down, new card/number on the way. Account being monitored.

Damn insecure/vulnerable Tasca transaction system. They are outsourcing their payment handling to a third party.

I got a degas bottle from them last year but I did that over the phone, this time around I purchased some rear Upper Control Arms and went through the online process.

Will only buy over the phone from them going forth.

~ MANY THANKS for the alert MaddShadez !!!

I only used Paypal for payment and my last order from them was last September.... Should be OK....

Yup same here. Just this morning while checking online banking, I came across a small charge for $2.22 from STEAMPOWERED.COM SEATTLE WA.
which I did not authorize. Last week there was a small amount from another company attempting to run a pending transaction through but it did not go.

CC card has been shut down, new card/number on the way. Account being monitored.

Damn insecure/vulnerable Tasca transaction system. They are outsourcing their payment handling to a third party.

I got a degas bottle from them last year but I did that over the phone, this time around I purchased some rear Upper Control Arms and went through the online process.

Will only buy over the phone from them going forth.

~ MANY THANKS for the alert MaddShadez !!!

Happy to help! I got lucky, both my credit card companies called to ask an authorization before approving the fraudulent charges. All told they tried to buy nearly $1000 worth of crap, but none of it made it through.

I ordered from them by phone on Tuesday. Parts showed up today. We'll see.

Hi guys... just wanted to update everyone on this situation.

The orders that had a problem were the ones that were placed on the website. Because of all this we took our site to a new platform. As of today a brand new TascaParts.com is up an running on a new platform and with a more secure backend. Be careful of any site using a catalog provided by Trademotion.

All orders placed over the phone should be fine as those credit cards went though a completely different processing company.

~Domenic

My order was on the money. All of the parts I ordered were there, so thank you Tasca. I'm sure I'll be ordering more parts again soon.

Thanks for the info. Mine had a $500 charge on it a few weeks after purchasing from Tasca. Good to know that they upgraded the system after it happened.

I had 2 fraudulent charges for $500 each after buying from Tascaparts.com earlier this year. That was the only usage (Tasca) on that card around that time.

Also note that Trademotion is the shopping cart/processor for many online retail sites (including automotive, etc) so even if you didn't buy from them but bought elsewhere that uses Trademotion, you could be at risk.

Members online

No members online now.
Back