What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Where do you get dry ice at these days?

Kroger (grocery store) down the street from me sells it.

Otherwise, you could order a bunch of stuff from Omaha Steaks, and use the dry ice they send you...

On a serious note though, try contacting a couple different PDR guys. I've some pretty incredible jobs done with PDR, on YouTube. One I saw recently was actually fairly similar in size to yours. Might be pretty expensive though, not sure.

Computer duster cans turned upside down might be cold enough to counteract the boiling water expansion.

I think that's what I'm going to try first. I watched a video of a hairdryer and computer duster can. If it doesn't work, I'm only out a can of air. Then on to whatever I can come up with next.

Mean while I think I'm going to look for a 96 LSC to play around with. Broke the news to my wife tonight.

I think that's what I'm going to try first. I watched a video of a hairdryer and computer duster can. If it doesn't work, I'm only out a can of air. Then on to whatever I can come up with next.

Mean while I think I'm going to look for a 96 LSC to play around with. Broke the news to my wife tonight.

I hope you have a comfy couch.:N

20140510_202857.jpg20140510_202820.jpg20140510_202834.jpg20140510_202813.jpg20140510_152642.jpg20140510_152635.jpg
Did some blue light stuff.

20140510_202857.jpg

20140510_202820.jpg

20140510_202834.jpg

20140510_202813.jpg

20140510_152642.jpg

20140510_152635.jpg

on the White One:
spent most of Sat reinstalling Fwd SRB's and chasing down/eliminating squeaks; the red sway bar bushings were the prime culprit. Greased em like crazy, quiet now. There's still something squeaking up around the RH shock tower. possibly uca, but even with the 2 body nuts removed it still squeaks there.WTF???
---
found a cherry 98 LSC 88k; midnight grey on lt. grey in the auction yard; it's probably sold, will find out Mon morn
----
working in a 10x30 storage space, off jack stands, just plain sucks...whywhyWHY???!!!:Bang

and, the Moog "Problem Maker" exposed, 9 months and 10k miles of use
----
20140511_101335[1].jpg
----
through process of elimination, it turns out the UCA wasn't making noise. I replaced it with one from O'reilly's. The noise maker is that *^%#ing used tokico shock. It makes a plastic sort of scrape noise when the suspension is rebounded. Maybe it will disappear when it's on the ground, or maybe I'll buy new shocks. Buying used suspension? Biggest mistake EVAH

20140511_101335[1].jpg

I wonder what causes that noise? I put pressure on that outer plastic sleeve, but couldn't eliminate the scrape/grind. It's just on one side. The good news is I got rid of the squeaking sway bar bushings

All reassembled, aligned and 99% noise free front end
---
Next? Possibly address some of the leaks...ps, oil, trans

thinking about replacing pwr door lock solenoids on the Brown car. Dormans are almost half the price of Motorcrafts. Are the Dormans worth installing?

anybody know if the white plastic (upper/fixed) retaining stud on the headlight bucket can be removed and reused on a different housing?
looks like this
20140514_122934[1].jpg
-----
20140514_123002[1].jpg
-----
btw, here's my new v. old fwd SRB's
20140509_103418[1].jpg

20140514_122934[1].jpg

20140514_123002[1].jpg

20140509_103418[1].jpg

any special secret? I turned on it a wee bit, then backed off before snapping it

any special secret? I turned on it a wee bit, then backed off before snapping it
Spray lube it first. The bottom 'bow tie" can be wedged up so to clear ramps. I use two little screwdrivers, then turn it I think clockwise. When it's in the proper place, wiggle it to remove. To install, lube it , then it'll pop right in. If you put it in the car, and over-adjust the headlights, it will break off and go for a flight. Put that clip on after you get the lights adjusted. I'm in need of 3 of those fragile things. Without them the light will vibrate. Good luck TONYyyy

well, didnt do anything to Mark today, but did just get one of these to do many things going forward:

http://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwauk...pd.html?start=5&cgid=milwaukee-m18-fuel-tools

i think this will make a nice trip to the u pull it yard much more productive as well.

Thanks for letting be show my new toy a little

:)

That would be nice to have. I have a small impact that takes the hex bits and it saves me lots of time in the junk yard, but it didn't do much when I was pulling hitches, wheels, rear ends, etc.

That would be nice to have. I have a small impact that takes the hex bits and it saves me lots of time in the junk yard, but it didn't do much when I was pulling hitches, wheels, rear ends, etc.

yes i picked up the small hex bit one as well, real nice for smaller stubbron bolts/nuts upto 100+ ft-lbs, and then the mamba jamba for the tougher stuff.

More front suspension work coming soon on my Mark

Haven't done much of anything the last 2 weeks. Last weekend was spent washing my mothers car top to bottom, I don't think shes ever bothered to clean it with the exception of taking the trash out. It was DIRTY! Turned out better than when she bought it 4 years ago.

Members online

No members online now.
Back