UltimateSVT's black on black '97 SLOOOWWW progress thread

A little overboard on the cobrastars and leds. I like the intech cover and oil cap though, valve covers turned out nice too (Minus the youknowwhats)!

Don't worry, like I stated, I'm well aware. I'm busy this weekend & most of the week this week but hopefully by Thursday I can get moving on this! It's killing me inside. That Cobra logo in the front has to go NOW!

are those the cobra stars you paid 80 dollars for? dont hide them under the hood homes. put in on the inside of the cab or on the car. let them be seen every day not just when ya pop the hood

did u finally sell the prarie tan

Nope, guy that flew in from Texas turned out to be a flake. Looking for perfection. Wants something that's been kept in a time capsule for a cheap price. He has another Mark that belonged to his father and (according to him) is in showroom condition however has a bad motor. I gave him the best advise possible. "Fix your father's car & keep it. Don't try to substitute it."

Ok so I finally went out & took a couple pictures. I finally cleaned up the engine bay yesterday so I can take some nice pictures. HUGE difference. Eventually I will get around to powder coating the valve covers but it's not going to be for a while.

20130914_123902_zps9769dff8.jpg

20130914_123840_zps25bac6c2.jpg

Ok guys, it's been a while. Since I last updated this thread I installed my 12" PUNCH subs in the trunk with my 2000 watt amp. Had this bad boy in the closet for a little under 3 years.

20131029_145829-1_zpsd7e8d1be.jpg

Last week I decided I wanted to take that extra step with my car to make it look perfect (in my eyes).

Going to replace a couple front end suspension components, sway bar end links, painting the window trim from chrome to plasti-dip, painting all my inner fenders stain black, installing thin spacers for my rear wheels(they're rubbing on the inside), re-vamping my interior, re-doing my headlamps, I need to remove the factory Mark VIII amp & relocate it so my subs can go all the way to the end of the trunk. I'm also going to make a nice front cover for the rear subs with a blue neon bar, etc...

I refuse to drive the car again until I'm done! Here are a couple pictures of how she currently sits as of Saturday.

20131106_173605_zps98d6f87f.jpg

20131106_173638_zps94cb7e1d.jpg

20131106_190329_zpse7eefe62.jpg

Here's where my tires are rubbing in the rear fender wells. Already purchased the spacers & got them in the mail yesterday. (Thanks for the info Larry)

20131029_171633_zps4d015e3b.jpg

20131029_171612_zps2b9a429b.jpg

Man, car looks absolutely amazing bro.

I seriously need to find someone to paint mine. It's way too much to take it to a shop unless you take it to a shoddy place that in less then a year the entire car is peeling apart lol.

Well, it's official, I've got a baby on the way & my car has minor issues that are pilling up but my budget right now is solely for the baby which is due in 5 weeks.

1. Oil Filter adapter gasket is leaking
2. Driver's side valve cover seal is starting to leak into one spark plug socket
3. A/C line is leaking refrigerant
4. Rear tires are 90% bald
5. MAF needs to be replaced

All are small fixes but imperative for the car to continue to function. Kind'a sucks but I will be parking the car until I get all of these things done. Little by little until she's worthy again.
:(

You could probably take care of at least the OFA gasket, just do it the way I do, just shove your arm up there and get to it. No need to remove a bunch of stuff, not even the coolant hoses. Gasket is cheap and try to save the coolant?

Not sure on valve cover gasket cost, but the job is easy if you just remove the motor mount bolt on the side you are trying to replace and jack that side if the motor up.

Which A/C line is leaking? I've successfully, on multiple occasions used JY A/C lines. It's not too hard to recharge the system yourself, just would be great if you could have someone vacuum the system before you charge it.

Tires? Can't help ya there, lol. Check craigslist? Might be time to sell some of those HIDs...

Why do you think the MAF is bad, again JY part.

I've been in your shoes, I think I sold a few items here and there to make money straight for the car, but you also have a backup vehicle...

Good luck!

You could probably take care of at least the OFA gasket, just do it the way I do, just shove your arm up there and get to it. No need to remove a bunch of stuff, not even the coolant hoses. Gasket is cheap and try to save the coolant?

Not sure on valve cover gasket cost, but the job is easy if you just remove the motor mount bolt on the side you are trying to replace and jack that side if the motor up.

Which A/C line is leaking? I've successfully, on multiple occasions used JY A/C lines. It's not too hard to recharge the system yourself, just would be great if you could have someone vacuum the system before you charge it.

Tires? Can't help ya there, lol. Check craigslist? Might be time to sell some of those HIDs...

Why do you think the MAF is bad, again JY part.

I've been in your shoes, I think I sold a few items here and there to make money straight for the car, but you also have a backup vehicle...

Good luck!

Dan, reference the oil filter adapter gasket? I'm just too uncomfortable at my house to do that myself & now my air compressor is out of commission to boot so no air tools. <-- Sorry, I'm a little spoiled, lol

I might go ahead & do the valve cover gasket myself. Im going to order the gasket kit.

I saw some green refrigerant on the low side. However I need to get my stepdad's leak detector so we can make sure it's coming from there & there only.

I believe my MAF is the culprit because my scanner gave me the code.

A small update since I was last on my progress thread. I've since painted the chrome window trim in plasti-dip flat black & added a '99 Cobra cold air intake from BBK. I also bought a tuner & have had the tuner programmed for my car. It has made a HUGE difference in my car. She's faster than my black '93 & that's saying something because compared to my '93 this was a fat cow with short legs, lol. Here are some of the latest pictures.

She's dirty here but still picture worthy. :)
20140509_182924_zpsczd89irm.jpg

20140509_182808_zpsmzouk8wb.jpg

Enjoying the purple haze on my blue car. :)
20140507_160911_zps4rwbmyhz.jpg

20140507_141845_zpsusjk8i4w.jpg

Enjoyin her gloss after a bath.
1801386_10151875588686891_1872963936_o_zpsfe5e8690.jpg

Getting my BBK installed at Dan's shop. Big thanks to Bobby Underwood (Mr. Twin Turbo Coyote Mark) for hookin a man up with an awesome intake & a super thanks to Dan for tuning my car & getting her purring just right. To the far left of this pic we can see Dan's Termi powered Mark VIII. She's dormant but she still starts right up.

20140424_142414_zps00pn50ot.jpg

20140424_142313_zpsvelkybpy.jpg

We had to make some space for the new air filter.
20140424_155614_zpsostg9m5o.jpg

New cold air intake installed. Ford Lightning MAF installed
motorpic_zps473c354f.png

With my friend Dee taking some pictures.
20140402_153847_zpsnmjtxucw.jpg

20140402_154950_zpsigyzaxjf.jpg

Dan's the man.
Surprised he didn't install a hair dryer when your back was turned.
Shop looks great.

Just an update for LVC. I haven't done one in a while.

Haven't done much to my car. Drove her a whopping 3,700 miles last year. She's sitting at 69,300 miles. Pull her out the garage from time to time, wash her, take some nice pics then drive her around my neighborhood & that's it.
Keep her in the garage nice n' cozy for the most part. She slept in my back yard for about a week after my son turned 1 mid March. All the toys he got for his birthday had to go in the garage, lol, but I made the space to bring her back in as she rightfully deserved.

Since the last update I have only done one thing, gave away my white gauges to my step dad for his Mustang project which he's since already sold. Got me some nice digital gauges. Much better & much cleaner. Very happy with the outcome. Got some nice plans for her during the summer. I'm going to get rid of all my Gen 1 parts & some Gen 2 parts & grabbing the cash to obtain some really nice upgrades for the Lincoln. I can't wait.

20141230_231138_zpshlf2uk3t.jpg

20141230_231257_zpsob9r5lzf.jpg

20150319_195731_zpsyog2bosr.jpg

20141027_114357_zpsukn1khds.jpg

20141027_114418_zpsubcba5sl.jpg

20150319_195611_zpsxjrrlrkc.jpg

gen 1 parts

Just an update for LVC. I haven't done one in a while.

Haven't done much to my car. Drove her a whopping 3,700 miles last year. She's sitting at 69,300 miles. Pull her out the garage from time to time, wash her, take some nice pics then drive her around my neighborhood & that's it.
Keep her in the garage nice n' cozy for the most part. She slept in my back yard for about a week after my son turned 1 mid March. All the toys he got for his birthday had to go in the garage, lol, but I made the space to bring her back in as she rightfully deserved.

Since the last update I have only done one thing, gave away my white gauges to my step dad for his Mustang project which he's since already sold. Got me some nice digital gauges. Much better & much cleaner. Very happy with the outcome. Got some nice plans for her during the summer. I'm going to get rid of all my Gen 1 parts & some Gen 2 parts & grabbing the cash to obtain some really nice upgrades for the Lincoln. I can't wait.

20141230_231138_zpshlf2uk3t.jpg

20141230_231257_zpsob9r5lzf.jpg

20150319_195731_zpsyog2bosr.jpg

20141027_114357_zpsukn1khds.jpg

20141027_114418_zpsubcba5sl.jpg

20150319_195611_zpsxjrrlrkc.jpg

if you have a drive shaft for a 93 please let me know

Members online

No members online now.
Back