Chime Delete

- Try holding down the UNLOCK or LOCK buttons on your key FOB for longer than 4sec. and watch the magic happen!
^ Be sure your moonroof slider guides are in good working order before attempting this or they'll get damaged ... Ask me how I know!
Fun times :steering

Not brave enough to try it, dying to know.....

so what actually happens??

It's in the owner's manual.

Hold down the unlock button on the remote, or put the key in the door and turn it to unlock and hold it there. After a couple of seconds, all windows will start to open. You can continue to hold. or release the key or button, either way, they will still open all the way.

Put the key in the door and turn it to lock and hold. After a couple of seconds, all the windows will start to close. If you hold the key, they will all close. If you release the key, the windows will stop where they are.

It also does it anytime the door is open. And when the check charging system light comes on.

Seriously. Is there any way to disable the chime notification for when any door is opened (like I didn't know I just opened my door)? My 04 didn't do this but my 06 chimes when any door is opened and the car is running. Also chimes when the low fuel warning comes on, too many beeps.

I always wear my seat belt so I don't worry about that chime reminder.

Since were talking about chimes, is there any possibility of turning off the lock beep when I hit the button twice? I know you can go to the dealer to disable it but I don't think it's worth dishing out all that cash....

Since were talking about chimes, is there any possibility of turning off the lock beep when I hit the button twice? I know you can go to the dealer to disable it but I don't think it's worth dishing out all that cash....

I don't remember V6 or V8, but it can be done through the message center (V8 only).

Actually, the mystery beeps can be (and are) caused by far more than just transmission issues. A few other popular causes are: fuel level sensors, data bus glitches, bulb minder glitches, and probably a dozen other causes.

If you listen to WFLA AM 970 you will get the beep. I called them once to ask if they could change it.

As Joe explained it's a short cut way of lowering/raising all the glass ... your moon/sun roof will open and close as well and if your slider guides aren't the best, there is potential of damaging the whole track mechanism as the most important part is made up of plastic which is the guide sliders. they break easily and bend the metal thin rods that are attached.

If your moon/sun roof is in good shape and works flawlessly, you can go ahead on hold the buttons on the FOB or turn/hold the key.

Did you know, you can also hold your FOB to your chin facing up and extend the range by an amazing distance,
try it next time you walk out the mall where it normally wouldn't work, it will when you use your skull as an antenna. <-- NO JOKE, TRY IT!!!

Open all the windows and sun roof by holding the LOCK/UNLOCK button on your FOB for more the 4sec,
get all that toxic stale summer heat out of the interior before getting in.

- Lock Chirp ON/OFF

It's in your OM for the year of your LS, your LS would need to be equipped with a Message center.

^ downloadable from the "Tech Articles" section in the top menu bar ^

Did you know, you can also hold your FOB to your chin facing up and extend the range by an amazing distance,
try it next time you walk out the mall where it normally wouldn't work, it will when you use your skull as an antenna. <-- NO JOKE, TRY IT!!!
you do realize this will cause tumors right? its in the FCC warning.

Open all the windows and sun roof by holding the LOCK/UNLOCK button on your FOB for more the 4sec,
get all that toxic stale summer heat out of the interior before getting in.
has to be unlock... holding the lock button on your fob does not roll up the windows like holding the key in the lock position.

Tumors, hows your garage door opener doing? what about the TV remote? Fred not loud1,
the occasional use of an RF device isn't going to kill the brain anymore than all that other, already "leaking" garbage out there in this world.

Lock/Unlock ... got it!

Members online

Back