Painted grill

jruppert

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Didn't care for the chrome on my 03 LS this week. The chrome had cracks on it and thought it looked dated. So I pealed off the chrome, sanded, primed, dupli color color match G2 Redfire, and cleared it. Also used black trim paint for middle. The black turned out darker than thought. Overall I think it looks alright. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399173102.435758.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1399173118.506230.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399173102.435758.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399173118.506230.jpg

Yes, much much better. Dont know why they couldn't see that when they designed it. Did you do the rear too?

now see, this is the drawback with having a black car - you can't use black as an accent color.

now see, this is the drawback with having a black car - you can't use black as an accent color.

SVC, that may be but you can paint your grill black with a chrome insert. I think that would look good.

Yes, much much better. Dont know why they couldn't see that when they designed it. Did you do the rear too?

:) Is that your way of saying you don't like chrome? lol Hey...to each his/her own. That goes from the car itself, to ever fine detail s/one is willing to change from the original, be it performance or cosmetic.

To JRUPPERT...did you clear the black or does it come off a bit flat? Isn't the stock grille somewhat of a flat finish being more of a shade of gray? The passenger headlight looks a bit fogged...is it just the pic, or will the headlights need to be cleaned up in time?

Never realized I don't like the chrome that much until now haha, looks good. It might also be because the chrome is a little more in your face on the red compared to white

The headlights were polished a couple weeks ago. I think it might be the angle if the shot. It was taken with my iPhone. Anyway, I think it could use more polishing. Yes I did clear over the black and that may have caused it to be more gloss and yes it was a shade of grey. I'm thinking I may redo it in a different shade but not sure yet.

it looks good glossy , thats my setup on my grille , have you planned on doing your rims black too ?

I like the chrome more, infact I want to get a full chrome grille for mine, one where the center grates are also chrome. Yours does look better colored though, I think if you don't have the chrome strips on your bumper the. It doesn't match as well, now your colored bumper trim matches the grille trim. So that does look better, you did a good job too, looks legit.

easiest way is to plasti dip them , you can powdercoat them too ( thats around 150 and up )

Where did you get the paint and how can I tell the color code of mines. It's if I'm not mistaken deep wedge wood blue.

And is there a detailed write up on this. Painted a many houses and apartments yet not one car and don't want to mess up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399424972.939261.jpg

Did the rear this evening. I rushed it and it looks like crap.

My color is G2 Redfire.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399424972.939261.jpg

Taking pictures with my iphone and uploading with that app doesnt produce the best pics

Members online

No members online now.
Back