I have a serious question

2002_lincolnLS

Custom User Title
Reaction score
So guys I have been with my girlfriend for the last 4 and half years, In the near future I will be asking a serious question.

It will begin with this, for those wondering she is a firefighter
IMG_1242.jpg

the one ring .jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

the one ring .jpg

I hope she doesn't read this message board! Congratulations! Are you nervous? I was sick as a dog the day I proposed thanks to nerves.

not at all, and she never gets on here. she probably doesn't even know my user name. I am not nervous one bit. I was only nervous that she would figure out I was proposing before I actually did. I have formulated the perfect plan today though.

I would be much more nervous if she didn't pick out the ring, I know she will say yes, she has been asking for this for the past year, but if I had done all the picking out of things I would have been nervous that she wouldn't like it. We got the stones from her grandma so she knows all about the ring it self.

Thats awesome man. I love the black stone with the (white gold? Platinum?) I was never much of a fan of yellow gold. When are you popping the question?

it's actually a dark sapphire surrounded by diamonds, and the engagement ring is platinum and the wedding ring is 18kt white gold. Not sure why they did platinum but we wanted a custom band on the engagement so I guess that is what they needed to do to meet the request. I am okay with that. The wedding ring has diamonds and small sapphires around about 1/3 of it

I agree yellow gold seems outdated these days.

Having met you (be it only one time) i personally want to wish you congratulations! Are we doing another meet this year in Tallmadge?

I would like to, even if its only a couple folks I go to the ford show every year regardless.

We'll have to get Justin on board to set it up again...hopefully it wont be like the mentor headlands meet, or there lack of.

Congrats!!!! We've been married over 37 years now! Best thing is to realize marriage is TOUGH WORK!! It sure ain't easy!!

Just keep dating her!!

Congrats!!!! We've been married over 37 years now! Best thing is to realize marriage is TOUGH WORK!! It sure ain't easy!!

Just keep dating her!!

This is very true. Even though you've been going with her for several years, when you get married it's different all around. One important thing to remember is it's no longer he and she, now it's we. My wife and I are a we, and we've been married 25 years now. I've watched my brother who continued to see it as he and she after the vows. He's been married 3 times and is currently sniffing around number 4, and none of his marriages were happy ones. Lincoln said it best, a house divided cannot stand.

Money is the number one killer of marriages, so you need to work that one out in a hurry. I won't tell you how to do it because everyone has to work that out for themselves, but it's important you work out how the money will be managed and that the management method allows you to accomplish common goals and not just individual goals. In my case, my wife gives me her entire income and she gets an allowance to spend how she wants. I get all the money, but I'm responsible to make sure all the bills are paid and our common goals are met. Of course, if she were better with money than I am (really she's no slouch at it, she just doesn't want the bother) then she'd be in control and I'd be getting the allowance.

Ditto, 19 years here and I did it Flintstones style, told her we were getting hitched and drug her to the court house. I think we had $60 in the rings at the pawn shop.

Agree on the money deal. I make it, she spends it (on bills).

Is she still going to be a firefighter after the first kid?

Congrats man! Hope everything works out!!

This is very true. Even though you've been going with her for several years, when you get married it's different all around. One important thing to remember is it's no longer he and she, now it's we. My wife and I are a we, and we've been married 25 years now. I've watched my brother who continued to see it as he and she after the vows. He's been married 3 times and is currently sniffing around number 4, and none of his marriages were happy ones. Lincoln said it best, a house divided cannot stand.

Money is the number one killer of marriages, so you need to work that one out in a hurry. I won't tell you how to do it because everyone has to work that out for themselves, but it's important you work out how the money will be managed and that the management method allows you to accomplish common goals and not just individual goals. In my case, my wife gives me her entire income and she gets an allowance to spend how she wants. I get all the money, but I'm responsible to make sure all the bills are paid and our common goals are met. Of course, if she were better with money than I am (really she's no slouch at it, she just doesn't want the bother) then she'd be in control and I'd be getting the allowance.

Very true stuff. I would add that communication is as important (or more) as figuring out the money. You have to be able to talk to each other about everything and anything, all of the time. When communication breaks down it is usually the beginning of the end.

Congratulations, and well done!

I am very excited guys, Thank you

I think we will do well as we are completely open about everything, we do everything together now and wouldn't change it.

I am very excited guys, Thank you

I think we will do well as we are completely open about everything, we do everything together now and wouldn't change it.

EXCELLENT!!!!

Just remember, they speak in riddles and we speak straight-forward.

Me....... Looks like a nice day.
She....... What do you mean by that?????

hahahahah, luckily she acts like a guy a lot of the time.

She is the one that is a firefieghter and worked in a factory, I worked in offices most of my life. So luckily she is very blunt and straight forward. It's probably why we can talk about anything

Members online

No members online now.
Back