Want loader exaust.

Janobala

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I want to make my LS louder but I don't want to spend any money. What is the best option?

How loud do you want it? going straight pipe is a option(loudest) , x pipe in place of stock resonators, chop mufflers off (loud) ...keep in mind these are cheaper mods then going with a custom set up

Cut the airbox a bit for a little rumble when accelerating

Unbolt the pipes from the exhaust manifold. You'll be loud as hell and it won't cost you a penny.

When you get tired of people laughing at you for driving a Lincoln but not being able to afford to get your exhaust leak fixed, reach for your checkbook and have an exhaust shop work on it. Doing it right is going to require spending money.

And I'm 18 years old, I don't have a checkbook or money.. I'm a high school kid in a redneck town. I've got the redneck LS.

got to start working man , Im only 20 and have worked my ass off to get the cars I have owned , cheaping out on a car like this is nothing but trouble , it may be a old vehicle but repairs can cost more than the repairs on a new vehicle

Oh no, I always get good quality parts for it. But isn't there any way I can just get a little more rumble from that v8 without getting a new exhaust system...

cold air intake will definetly give you a nice sound when accelerating and it gives it a more aggresive idle

Thank you, nice to know someone here is actually helpful. I will surely look into that. If you know any good threads with good information on that, I would appreciate linking it here, but I will start searching more on that now.

intakes for the Gen 1 are limited to an ebay kit ( $95 comes with metal tubing and k and n filter ) , cheaper route is buying an adapter for the Ls ( spectre sells one for about 15 to 20 bucks and you just remove your factory air box and old MAF tube and slap the adapter and a filter on

this is my bro Ls_Marley's car and he took my advice and got the adapter and filter , only thing he needs is a heatshield

2014-05-04 22.25.06.jpg

Yeah I know LS Marley on Instagram, we interact a lot. I found him on there and noticed his LS is like exactly the same as mine. Same charcoal color and all. But he's customized it a bit since we met. So now it's all nice and mines still stock lol.

But isn't there any way I can just get a little more rumble from that v8 without getting a new exhaust system...

seriously... you do understand how cars work right? majoritory of the noise only comes out of the two ends. the exhaust is the whole reason it sounds like it does, if you want to change the sound, you want to change the exhaust.

why dont you just cut the mufflers off, bam no money. dont get more red neck than that.

That's probably what I will do, I watched some YouTube videos with no mufflers and it doesn't sound too bad. I like it more than the stock sound.

its going to have a ton of drone , but if you like that then thats the route to go

I'll probably wait until summer to do anything with it. I would hate to cut them off and then not like it and have nothing to resort to.

go for the resonator delete, its a cleaner sound than the muffler delete

I'll watch like all the videos I can find on both and decide what I wanna do, thanks for the tips.

And I'm 18 years old, I don't have a checkbook or money.. I'm a high school kid in a redneck town. I've got the redneck LS.

SOOOoooooo how about a little of this:
OCICDamageExhaust002.jpg

or

sizeimage.jpg

and then you could do this...

mustang-small.jpg

or

BAD_Cadillac-redneck-exhaust.jpg

Just giving you a hard time... I grew up in Northern Idaho and totally resemble the "redneck not spending money thing" kinda like this...

Demotivational-Redneck-mechanics.jpg

I honestly recommend cutting the resonators out and slapping on a few flowmasters when you get a chance. If you cut off the cats your going to be running into codes and may even get worse performance.

OCICDamageExhaust002.jpg

mustang-small.jpg

BAD_Cadillac-redneck-exhaust.jpg

Demotivational-Redneck-mechanics.jpg

sizeimage.jpg

So you're budget is 0 or you want to spend very little?

Yeah my budget is pretty much 0. Lol. I can't be spending money just trying to make it sound louder. I've gotta do the timing chain sometime in the near future.

Members online

Back