2016 Lincoln MKX concept

looks great and I heard that the new mks will have rwd proportions and I front facing engine with all wheel drive.

looks great and I heard that the new mks will have rwd proportions and I front facing engine with all wheel drive.

Don't hold your breath. That would need a whole new platform that Ford doesn't have.

Looks like they took their styling queues from Dodge, right down to the yellow banding. The Lincoln looks like an upside down Dodge.

2015-Dodge-Charger-in-New-York-Auto-Show-Back-Light.jpg

It would be nice if Lincoln would come out with an updated LS, perhaps with a Coyote under the hood instead of that British disaster. Right now a Charger is leading the pack for a possible LS replacement for me although I'm probably going to wait another year now. I want to see what the new Mustangs look like first, and I'm hoping the Chevy SS will be updated with a modern engine next year. Also, the new 8 and 9 speed transmissions are supposed to be out soon. As it is now though, when I do go car shopping Lincoln ABSOLUTELY will not be on the list. If I'm going to buy a front wheel drive, I'm not spending more than 10 grand for one and that's for a brand new one. I see no reason to spend any money on a commuter appliance, if I'm going to drop major coin on a car then it's going to be a proper front engine/rear wheel drive car. I hope Lincoln is reading this.

I am constantly car shopping, I guess it's a hobby. 2013 Mustangs are an amazing bang for buck right now, considering you can get a nice GT premium with low miles for the cost of a new BRZ. This will probably get even better once the 2015's hit the street.

Also the Chevy SS has been confirmed to be getting a manual and magnetic ride control, if you could just make it not look like a Malibu it would be cool.

The concept looks beautiful in my opinion. They will probably have a winner with the MKC and MKX. There's not too much competition in those segments, Cadillac's SRX isn't too appealing and the German offerings are priced way higher.

Talking about the fate of Lincoln is really like beating a dead horse. Competition is way too crowded for a LS replacement. The only hope would be a Mustang based Lincoln, and I'm sure that's easily said than done. They're Ford's Buick, and that sits fine with me. There are plenty of LS alternatives today, I don't need a Lincoln badge.

That's the best rendition of the split wing grill so far. The MKZ was a step forward, the MKC was really good, but the front grill on the new MKX is just great. Love how they integrated the Headlights into the grill and also one of the ribs continues right into the turn signal. BTW, the MKZ & MKC final exterior have been relatively close to the concept (with only minor changes), so I expect the same to be true for the new MKX. I think styling wise, Lincoln is starting to turn a corner, and lets be honest, for a majority of shoppers, that is the first thing that matters. Which axle is being driven is probably the least of most consumers concerns.

Here's hoping that with the success of the MKZ + MKC & MKX once released that it will give Lincoln enough oomph to tackle a RWD platform again.

Also the Chevy SS has been confirmed to be getting a manual and magnetic ride control, if you could just make it not look like a Malibu it would be cool.

I'd love a stick, but I have to buy something the 'ol lady can drive and with her back injury affecting her legs, an automatic is now the only possibility. What I want to see in the SS is direct inject heads, active fuel management and the variable valve train. If they do this, I'll buy one but I refuse to buy a car that is rated for less mileage than a new Suburban gets in real life driving. The Burb with AFM and VVT will get 19MPG while loaded down and being flogged on the highway (I know, I was the one doing the flogging).

GM is being pretty stupid with the SS. If they'd put the same fuel saving tech on the SS, and offered it with a lower power V8 and a V6 option for a lower priced car like Dodge does with the Charger and Challenger, they'd be outselling Dodge's two cars. They could even bring back an older name, like Monte Carlo for a 4 door version and Chevelle for a 2 door, for the lower power versions.

Members online

No members online now.
Back