New LS owner here...

Attila

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought a pearl white 02 V8 with 132k a few weeks ago. I've been lurking here since, soaking up all the info on this board. Honestly I never even considered a LS before I saw it, but I couldn't resist for the price. It was in rough shape cosmetically when I got her. Dirty interior, bad smell, awful peeling tint, cloudy headlights, trunk lid with paint half peeled, etc. The smell and tint are gone, headlights polished, interior scrubbed, new trunk lid waiting to go on. Mechanically its pretty good. It could use a tranny flush, I've replaced the clockspring, the VC gasket has gone bad, leaking oil onto the manifold. When I replace the gaskets I'm going to do the coils and plugs at the same time. What coils do you guys recommend?

So far I'm pretty impressed with the LS, it is really starting to grow on me. Lincoln made a big mistake when they cancelled it and left its spot in the lineup vacant. I've owned a few BMWs and it does remind me of them, which is both good and bad. It's kind of annoying though, I tell people I got a Lincoln LS and they ask me if it's a Town Car...

I have a question for you guys, have any of you seen a white LS with the chrome trim blacked out? I hate the chrome and those damned yellow marker/driving lights. Was thinking of smoking the markers and blacking out the chrome on the front and rear bumpers but I would like to see what it looks like. I searched but couldn't find anything

Anyway, here's a pic from just after I got her
10177408_10202830862605271_3441795926804149013_n.jpg

10177408_10202830862605271_3441795926804149013_n.jpg

Welcome , most people color match the grille and other chrome parts to the color of their vehicle but im sure I can find you a pic of what you are looking for

sorry to say not many people opt to make the front chrome piece black because it will look like a mustache on a white Ls , but here is a blacked out chrome grille , also people do black out the orange side markers but not the chrome piece

IMG_0964_zps975348a2.jpg

I would recommend color matching the chrome. Blacking it out looks horrible, I've saw a few with it. Not my style at all! Welcome to the club, I also have an 02 LS, same color as you too!

I bought a pearl white 02 V8 with 132k a few weeks ago. I've been lurking here since, soaking up all the info on this board. Honestly I never even considered a LS before I saw it, but I couldn't resist for the price. It was in rough shape cosmetically when I got her. Dirty interior, bad smell, awful peeling tint, cloudy headlights, trunk lid with paint half peeled, etc. The smell and tint are gone, headlights polished, interior scrubbed, new trunk lid waiting to go on. Mechanically its pretty good. It could use a tranny flush, I've replaced the clockspring, the VC gasket has gone bad, leaking oil onto the manifold. When I replace the gaskets I'm going to do the coils and plugs at the same time. What coils do you guys recommend?

So far I'm pretty impressed with the LS, it is really starting to grow on me. Lincoln made a big mistake when they cancelled it and left its spot in the lineup vacant. I've owned a few BMWs and it does remind me of them, which is both good and bad. It's kind of annoying though, I tell people I got a Lincoln LS and they ask me if it's a Town Car...
s
I have a question for you guys, have any of you seen a white LS with the chrome trim blacked out? I hate the chrome and those damned yellow marker/driving lights. Was thinking of smoking the markers and blacking out the chrome on the front and rear bumpers but I would like to see what it looks like. I searched but couldn't find anything

Anyway, here's a pic from just after I got her
View attachment 828467343
There is a forum member that sells the clear side marker replacement lens, then you install the yellow bulbs, use the search function for "clear lens" also for the COPs, coils.

^ for a V8 don't bother, you won't find any VISTEON coils anymore, they stopped production long time ago and stock has been depleted.
^ for a V6 you can still find the odd set here and there.

Color match the chrome. Clear side markers. Tint the amber headlight lenses if you want to keep them. Paint the lower grille matte black. But that's just my opinion:

IMG_7770.jpg

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll probably end up color matching if I do anything. There's work to do yet before I start messing with that though. The main reason I asked about blacking it out is the paint is cheap. I checked the price for the pearl paint to do my trunklid, definitely not cheap.

Color match the chrome. Clear side markers. Tint the amber headlight lenses if you want to keep them. Paint the lower grille matte black. But that's just my opinion:

Looks clean, love that grille

I checked the price for the pearl paint to do my trunklid, definitely not cheap.

the price of paint with pearl isn't really the big problem, it would be getting it to match right.

Welcome Attila. I agree with you (and most here would as well :)), as far as dropping the LS and leaving a "void" in the line up. It was a nice logical transition from the Continental to the LS, but the other new Lincolns in their line up leave much to be desired, i.e. MKZ, MKS.

That holds true for Cadillac. I feel they made a HUGE mistake when they dropped the DTS, as they no longer have a larger luxury vehicle in their line up. It all goes to prove the ole' adage, "They don't make 'em like they used to" :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back