Need a Harmonic Balancer

rackmfool

LVC Member
Reaction score
So in looking for this it seems it is hard to find item. Fordparts.com listing it for 1023. In searching online for a used one I saw something on Autogator, they are listing that the same Harmonic Balancer also fits the 2002-2005 Ford Thunderbird.

That might make my search a little easier in finding a used one at a salvage yard but I am wondering if anyone can confirm that it is the same part. The Thunderbird harmonic balancer on fordparts is the same incredibly high price of 1023 so maybe it is.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

EDIT: I just called a local dealer and they confirmed that the harmonic balancer will interchange with any 20011-2006 LS (V8) AND 2002-2005 Ford Thunderbird (V8)

I had to replace my harmonic balancer on my 06 , amd yes the part alone is a grand plus , I ended up getting it from a wrecked Ls for 45 bucks , keep in mind you can use the harmonic balancer from a 2000 to 2006 lincoln ls v8

... they are listing that the same Harmonic Balancer also fits the 2002-2005 Ford Thunderbird....

AFAIK, this is true as long as the LS is the 3.9 V8.

You don't say if you have a V6 or V8 LS, or the year. Clearly, you must have a V8, and in this case, the year doesn't matter.

BTW, FordPartsGiant has it for the bargain price of $723.86. I'd find a used one. (In fact, I still need to do so.)

There has been speculation that the damper from a 4.0 Jag S-Type might fit too, but I don't know if anyone's tried it yet.

yea the thunderbird is listed under the used balancers on ebay

Members online

No members online now.
Back