Conti rims on a Mark

MarkVIIIS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I always thought these rims would look nice on a Mark VIII

image-949230450.jpg

Uuuuuuhhhh...I'd have to see it. But I just don't think so. And because the Conti is wrong-wheel-drive, the offset is probably way off and it will look like the wheels are tucked way up under the car.

I have octastars on my conti and the offsets fine on that. I personally think they look way better than any of the mark viii rims

I'm not actually putting them on my mark I just thought they looked nice sitting next to it

Uuuuuuhhhh...I'd have to see it. But I just don't think so. And because the Conti is wrong-wheel-drive, the offset is probably way off and it will look like the wheels are tucked way up under the car.

The mark viii has a fwd (High) offset.

the MN10/FN12 platform was not designed to be front wheel drive.
and i do not know why people associate high wheel offset with FWD.
the s type jag is very RWD and has a lot more wheel offset than the Mark VIII.
it is simply what the engineers decided would work best on their platform.

Maybe because it was originally supposed to be a fwd

the MN10/FN12 platform was not designed to be front wheel drive.
and i do not know why people associate high wheel offset with FWD.
the s type jag is very RWD and has a lot more wheel offset than the Mark VIII.
it is simply what the engineers decided would work best on their platform.

Now High and Low are one of the most confusing terms when buying a new set of Custom Wheels. All High(Front Wheel Drive) and Low(Rear Wheel Drive) is referring to is the OFFSET of the wheel. It does not matter which wheels propel the vehicle, or if the vehicle is Jet-Powered a vehicle still has an Offset, either High Offset or Low Offset. The reason they classified them as High or Low is because all Front Wheel Drive cars at the time had a +40 Offset, and the Low ones had the +0 to +20 Offsets. So it was very easy to say this is a Low or High Wheel. Today many cars have High Offsets yet are powered by the Rear Wheels, so that is where the confusion lies.

As stated above High and Low are terms used for the OFFSET of the a wheel, it has nothing to do with which wheels propel the vehicle. Many Low vehicles have High OFFSET Wheels, its becoming more and more popular with the Vehicle Manufacturers.

What is High and Low offset?

High is a High Positive Offset Wheel typically +35 to +45 Offset
Low is a Negative or Zero Offset Wheel typically +0 to +20 Offset

Thanks for that long explanation. Why did you repeat yourself so many times and why are you asking why I'm showing you high rims?

Thanks for that long explanation. Why did you repeat yourself so many times and why are you asking why I'm showing you high rims?

I copy and pasted it to help answer a couple questions, while not the most well written explanation it was the first I came across. :)

they will fit perfectly, as will 16" Taurus wheels

not mine, but I remember seeings these picture before I bought my car

MarkVIII002.jpg

MarkPics006.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back