04 ford thunderbird production sheet in 04 LS

Nateff91

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello! I found this sheet (assuming it's used for production) in my LS under the carpet that's directly behind the rear seats that you lift up when accessing the spare tire and/or battery. Not in the actual spare tire well, but directly back as close to the seats as possible. I entered in the vin number and it came up as a 2004 Ford thunderbird. Anyone have a reasonable explanation for this? Why would someone put this there? I have a 2004 V6 LS in pearl white and it's the base model. It just doesn't make sense why that paper would be in my car, especially seeing as the thunderbird is same year and platform, it's seeming like a crazy coincidence...
View attachment 828467209
View attachment 828467208

I will snag a better picture of the sheet when I get home later tonight

Wow that's weird! I'm not sure how that could have happened, I know the LS and Thunderbird are very very similar, but were they made at the same factory? It makes you wonder if that Thunderbird has a sheet for a base model V6 LS somewhere. :confused:

They were both indeed made in the same factory in Wixom, Michigan. A worker probably just mixed up a couple of build sheets during manufacture.

They were both indeed made in the same factory in Wixom, Michigan. A worker probably just mixed up a couple of build sheets during manufacture.

IIRC, the T-Bird was assembled on a different, slower moving line.

It's just really strange and interesting, maybe I can somehow find this thunder bird and see if my LS's sheet is in there! Idk how I'd do that though.

Also, I will check the production date on LS and see if it is the same as the T Bird

It's just really strange and interesting, maybe I can somehow find this thunder bird and see if my LS's sheet is in there! Idk how I'd do that though.
if you put the vin through car fax it'll show town and state of the service records and what not a few migh have actual addresses, then again you have to pay for that kind of thing.

if you put the vin through car fax it'll show town and state of the service records and what not a few migh have actual addresses, then again you have to pay for that kind of thing.

Yea I could look into that, maybe if I have extra cash laying around!

Also here's a pic of the whole sheet as I found it.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398736931.125188.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398736931.125188.jpg

Sorry that hurts too much!
~ (long story short = motorcycle accident)

paper.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back