What did you do to your LS today?

.......and in my HUMBLE opinion (lol), Cashmere Tricoat is one of those colors you have to see in person to appreciate how beautiful it is!

TOTALLY agree!!!!!! It, like the Ivory Tri-Coat, shows best in person and bright sunlight.

Very clean, in person, bright sunlight.

If you aren't meeting that criteria, tri-coat can look kinda bad.

heading to the dealer soon for a trans flush , hopefully this cures the pulls when it changes gears if not getting a new car

It has been a busy couple days.

Cleaned it and clay barred it.
Created a "custom ram air" that probably doesn't do a whole lot, but actually looks clean and seems to have improved throttle response especially at highway speeds - I'm very happy how it turned out.
Replaced fuel filter with a new motorcraft one - bought the quick disconnect tools at Autozone and they worked awesome. I had never replaced the fuel filter on this car - super easy.
Cleaned throttle body, maf, K&N filter.
Received my XCAL 4 from Torrie and loaded the "performance" tune.

This weekend, I plan to finish detailing the interior, clean up the engine bay further, and maybe get my battery tested - I might be due for a new one shortly.

Absolutely correct..looks bad when dirty.

I went to the local Quaker Steak and Lube yesterday where they were having a little car show. Some of the people were checking out my car like it was in the show. It made me smile a little bit.

A little mod for accel coils. Instead of taking apart the connectors, I just ordered extra connectors and made reversed polarity extensions. This was its easy to go switch to accels or back to regular coils.

Found a site with connectors at a really cheap price. Or you can find a set of male and female connectors on ebay.
http://www.weaponxperformance.com/weaponx/catalogv137/auto-connector-kits-c-7.html

DSCN3090_zps2ab64b8f.jpg

^ "Missy" - An appropriate nickname for an LS​

Jarett, that does look really cool but I'd hate to say, it's only a matter of a few days before you get pulled over looking like that.

let's hope you don't get rear ended, way too dark ... insurance won't cover it, someone slams into the back of that and you're done financially!
try searching online for "blacked out tail lights at fault insurance" Normally it'd be at fault for the person that runs into the back of you but the 5-0 will look at that and hang you out to dry. DOT 500 feet visibility ... up to you!

wierd part is, I'm doing mine also but I'm only doing the upper half and only a very light coating.

flame away!

Round 3

coils.jpg
So I am replacing the coils and plugs again in the LS tomorow. This is the third time that I replaced them since I have had the car. This will be the 4th set since I am assuming it had the original ones in it when I bought it. The car only has 85k miles. I used OEM coils and plugs every time and never once did I see a trace of an oil leak. Anyway, I will be replacing the valve cover gaskets (fel-pro) this time because maybe the gaskets developed a leak recently, or maybe it had a small leak before and somehow I missed it. This is the last chance for the OEM stuff. Next time I will have to go with aftermarket even though most of them are garbage. This is just too expensive to do every year.

coils.jpg

I've blacked out nearly every car I've owned and have never been popped (knock on wood) and I got L.E.D bulbs and they really are not as dark as they look but thanks for your concern

wow thats sweet man , what did you use to tint the headlights ??

I used the new smoke by plasti dip ! Works great and is removable if you don't like it. Looks really good on the chrome area of your LS gives it that brushed aluminum look, try it...

Took it to get appraised for trade in. I'm surprised they offered me close to what I paid for it last year. Who knows it might turn into my winter DD.

View attachment 828466996
So I am replacing the coils and plugs again in the LS tomorow. This is the third time that I replaced them since I have had the car. This will be the 4th set since I am assuming it had the original ones in it when I bought it. The car only has 85k miles. I used OEM coils and plugs every time and never once did I see a trace of an oil leak. Anyway, I will be replacing the valve cover gaskets (fel-pro) this time because maybe the gaskets developed a leak recently, or maybe it had a small leak before and somehow I missed it. This is the last chance for the OEM stuff. Next time I will have to go with aftermarket even though most of them are garbage. This is just too expensive to do every year.

Why??? I do mine about every 50K and I believe that's a little soon. If you are replacing every year something is wrong.

I am at the dealership now. We looked at the plug wheels and there is no oil leaking in anywhere so the gaskets are not being changed. The mechanic noticed that a lot of moisture has been getting past the coil covers, especially since one has a slight crack along the edge. This is causing the coil(s) to fail. I am going to swap the coils and replace the covers. I also will be applying a lot of extra sealant along the edge of the coil cover closest to the firewall. It's funny because I have read about people not using a coil cover at all. In some cases you can't if you use an aftermarket coil like accel (unless you modify them).

I am at the dealership now. We looked at the plug wheels and there is no oil leaking in anywhere so the gaskets are not being changed. The mechanic noticed that a lot of moisture has been getting past the coil covers, especially since one has a slight crack along the edge. This is causing the coil(s) to fail. I am going to swap the coils and replace the covers. I also will be applying a lot of extra sealant along the edge of the coil cover closest to the firewall. It's funny because I have read about people not using a coil cover at all. In some cases you can't if you use an aftermarket coil like accel (unless you modify them).

My first LS had what seemed to be coil issues and I spent big money at the dealer to fix it to no avail. It turned out to be vacuum leaks. There was a vacuum junction toward the back of the engine that cracked. Once fixed, misfires were gone. Hold on to those old coils. And, don't ever go to the stealership without consulting us first! J/k

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/tech/Lincoln-LS/Valve_Cover_Seal_Inspection/Valve-Cover-Seal.htm

Jrt1418 said:
I also will be applying a lot of extra sealant along the edge of the coil cover closest to the firewall

I did this. When I got my LS at 54k miles I had the coils go out almost immediately. After pulling them and the plugs, you could see a clear waterline on the side of some of the coil boots and some of the plugs were rusty. I suspected an overzealous used car lot employee with a pressure washer getting it ready for sale. I put a small bead of black silicone alone the coil covers when I replaced them just in case. I am sure I will hate that idea next time I replace my coils but oh well.

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

Cleaned/sanded/steel brushed all calipers and more of the underneath today. Road salt bad around here.
Really shouldn't have taking it through the winter last year, glad I stored it this year and will continue to do so every winter.

Hopefully fixed my brake light issue ... replaced the right side brake light wire harness ... last bulb that went out actually blew a hole in the bulb, little pieces of glass inside the brake light housing... replaced third brake light bulb amd the blown bulb, working again. Here's hoping it don't blow again...... ☆☆

Members online

No members online now.
Back