Rear window speakers?

PhilZy84

LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone know any 6x8 speakers that have really really good deep bass?

Kickers. I installed a couple not too long ago and they sound really nice.

How's the base, the stock ones were good, they sounded like I had subs in the car, you know what I mean? Is it anything like that?

How's the base, the stock ones were good, they sounded like I had subs in the car, you know what I mean? Is it anything like that?

My v6 '00 non sport didn't have them installed when I bought it. I did it myself and it did make a difference. If you're looking for ideal sound, get an amp for your mids and an amp for your bass. I'll take a few pics of my setup when I get out of work tonight.

My v6 '00 non sport didn't have them installed when I bought it. I did it myself and it did make a difference. If you're looking for ideal sound, get an amp for your mids and an amp for your bass. I'll take a few pics of my setup when I get out of work tonight.

Wow...my '00 V-8 didn't come with them either...but I would rush to get them..I don't have holes in my back window, so what is the procedure..? Any pics of successful installs..?

Wow...my '00 V-8 didn't come with them either...but I would rush to get them..I don't have holes in my back window, so what is the procedure..? Any pics of successful installs..?

I didn't take pictures, but I just accessed the area from the trunk and cut out the openings. I then installed some 4-way speakers and covered the holes with some auto upholstery I got from a local auto upholstery shop. Looks and performs just ducky.

I didn't take pictures, but I just accessed the area from the trunk and cut out the openings. I then installed some 4-way speakers and covered the holes with some auto upholstery I got from a local auto upholstery shop. Looks and performs just ducky.

That sounds cool...but how are you mounting the speakers..like how are they suspended..is the rear deck area thick enough to mount them to that or you have other methods..I know the magnets would point downward into the trunk..just wondering how to mount it so they don't move.

That sounds cool...but how are you mounting the speakers..like how are they suspended..is the rear deck area thick enough to mount them to that or you have other methods..I know the magnets would point downward into the trunk..just wondering how to mount it so they don't move.

most people use screws.

I used bolts. I had to use a Philips bit on a 1/4" drive ratchet to access the top of the bolt, from inside the cabin.

I used bolts too, with washers and nuts, on my '00 with the base 4-speaker system.

They were full-range Infinity Reference 6x9s and I decided to top-mount them with no spacers.

The cardboard/carpet stuff is a PITA to remove, I used a power saw with heavy duty snippers to clean it up. Doesn't look great but was enough to make speaker area open.

After bolting them into the factory bolt holes there is like 2 inches between speaker and carpet. I ordered some audio fabric in a similar tan color as my package deck, looks decent and sounds much better.

This would be my concern...don't want the back deck carpet looking ripped up or crazy..if I could get a custom neat cut..I'd really like the sound coming from the back. I have JL components in the front doors..(had to have a hole cut for the separate tweeter)..now majority of sound is blasting from the front..need to even it out with something in the back deck...factory in rear doors don't even compare to the components up front..need to create some equality..lol.

This would be my concern...don't want the back deck carpet looking ripped up or crazy..if I could get a custom neat cut..I'd really like the sound coming from the back. I have JL components in the front doors..(had to have a hole cut for the separate tweeter)..now majority of sound is blasting from the front..need to even it out with something in the back deck...factory in rear doors don't even compare to the components up front..need to create some equality..lol.

I cut the hole as neatly as I could. Doesn't matter too much as the fabric I used to cover the hole covers well enough to hide any roughness. Just be careful cutting the new fabric.

I'm getting tired of what I term a non-vented sub type of sound from the stock rear deck subs. It's just like in my Regal, bounces the crap out of the back deck, not loud enough and just generally annoying except during certain songs compared to my 10" sub in my truck that is vented and amplified. Truck bass sounds good pretty much all the time.

I could just upgrade the subs to the Tang Bands, maybe that would be the best move moneywise, vs a bigger amp, bigger speaker and amp kit.

Not a good picture at all - and I can take more if anyone is interested, but I got rid of the old amp and stock subs. I mounted an amp to the back of the rear seat and got a couple cheap 12's. I also marked and drilled four holes in the deck and ran some bolts down in order to mount a new small Pioneer amp "upside down". I put some 6x9 3 way Infinity speakers in the deck and if I remember correctly, I was able to use the stock holes, but did need to add 1/2 inch spacer to get the speakers to "sit" properly. I ran all the wires through a channel that is just naturally there under the rear deck. I was able to put the stock deck carpeting back. It sits a bit higher but is not noticeable at all.

I hated the stock subs and also the placement of the rear door speakers so I figured some "regular" speakers in the deck would help (and they did). The 12" subs I got pretty cheap and aren't great, and the sub box I bought was about the smallest one I could find because I like trunk space and don't need some giant box that weighs 200lbs in my trunk. I am not going to win any competitions, but I saved a lot of space, it was fairly cheap, and they still hit pretty hard.

IMAG0526.jpg

subs2.jpg

subs4.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back