Recommended Suspension Bushings for MN12's and FN10's

It appears my rear trans mount is broken off, that's what is the movement when I put it into Reverse or Drive. $300 ouch

I'm not sure why you posted this in this thread, but a stock replacement transmission mount is ~$15-$20.

I'm not sure why you posted this in this thread, but a stock replacement transmission mount is ~$15-$20.

Simply echoing the last item you had in your initial post, it seems the same issue happened to me. As you and the website you linked stated, its highly recommended to strengthen that rear bracket. Don't end up like me.

Great job with the tech article!

EDIT: My mistake, I thought that was the same as the transmission mount. I showed this tech article to the technician and explained to me the trans mount, and that bracket, are two different parts.

Ok so, my car does the worm when I hit a bump. Jacked it up today finally and checked the rear. I can move the control arm in and out by hand. Upper control arm bushings appear to be shot completely. I've never dealt with suspension so I'm confused on what I need.

Is it upper control arm to knuckle and then to frame that I need? Do you make those?

Pics below...

To knuckle
Screenshot_2014-04-12-20-00-50.jpg

To frame
Screenshot_2014-04-12-20-01-01.jpg

Screenshot_2014-04-12-20-00-50.jpg

Screenshot_2014-04-12-20-01-01.jpg

If you're able to move the UCA in and out by hand, you need to replace the bushing at the subframe end of the UCA. See the notes on that in the original post.

If you're able to move the UCA in and out by hand, you need to replace the bushing at the subframe end of the UCA. See the notes on that in the original post.

Yeah I read it very carefully about the MOOG brand having the flawed design issue. I ended up ordering from SuperCoupePerformance to ensure I got the proper ones. I went ahead and ordered the ones to knuckle as well, just to do it while I was in there.

Hopefully won't be too hard to do. Never done them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back